Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dance Madness!!!

First Latin Dress design for Kimmy -- looks great

My first ballgown design - 40 hours of rhinestoning went into this one!!!


Hair done and ready for Standard!!!!

My cute little sis playing it up to her cute partner!!!





So March Madness doesn't only consist of Basketball in my house; March Madness also means The National Championships for Ballroom Dance at BYU. As you know, my passion is ballroom, and pretty much everything that goes into it. I love designing the dresses - 2 of which are featured above- I love doing the hair, makeup, tanning, nails, and everything else that goes along with it. Thank heavens I have a little sister now that my days are gone of actually competing and putting on all the gear, and I can focus all my ideas on her! She is so cute and easy to please, so we make a great team! Also, she looks absolutely beautiful in anything I create for her, so it is so much fun doing stuff for her.


I am flying in next week to Utah for a visit and to attend these championships. I am sad my bro Alex isn't dancing this year, because he is phenomenal, but will have fun cheering little Kimmy on in all of her different categories, as well as my bro Kevin who is doing cabaret - I am expecting a First this year from you man!


I love, love, love, the three days I get to spend cheering, videotaping, and running around with makeup, lip gloss, and bobby pins to help make sure everything is perfect before she enters the floor; it is truly a highlight for me at this time of year --- and spending time with family and friends makes it even better!!!!


Good luck my little Sis and Kevi this weekend. I will be there cheering you on......and look forward to more pictures and videos after I get back!!!


20 comments:

Phyllis said...

Couldn't believe this post when I saw it. What fun!!! But I almost cried when I watched the slide show and saw the pictures of Alex and Amy and knew he wasn't dancing this year. Especially the pictures when he was having his leg cramps. It breaks my heart.

Brent and Britta said...

I had no idea... seriously. I like to think that we know each other pretty well... but I was blown away by this little tidbit. AWESOME!

Treat Queen said...

I am so jealous you are going to be there!! I wish I could come too! Live it up!!

Maurine said...

So I was reading your blog post and the latin music came on and Addie loved it. She started dancing and wanted to listen to it all day. I am excited to see you next Wednesday. And congrats, girls are so much fun you are going to love it.

Sara Stevenson said...

Yay! You finally posted a picture of the dress, it was gorgeous! Ya done good!:) I want to play with you soooo bad, so I'll totally look at see when I could come. I hope you have such a great time in Utah! Sorry I haven't been answering my phone, this week has been crazy!! But I love ya tons!

Suzie Soda said...

Awesome...what a cool, creative blog. I loved, loved looooooooooooooooooooooooooved the music and pics.Hope you have a great time in Utah.....at all the dance stuff and the showers. What wrong with Alex'x leg's....cramps? Was that just temporary? I hope he is ok. Kimmy is lucky to have such a great, big sister.
You guys remind me of Chelsea and Lindsay. Chels was always helping her with hair, make-up. etc for dances and important occasions. You are awesome.

Jess Perry said...

Awesome Steph....Have so much fun! I love dancing!

Lisa said...

I am so excited about the competition. Teenie and I both will be there Saturday night. I love Caberet and can't wait to see Kevin perform. Kims dresses are beautiful. You are awesome at designing them. I got my ticket today and I am in a good section on row 29. I can't wait to see you!

Hilary said...

Ah nostalgia, back to the BYU days. You're little sister is a gem.

The Reichmans said...

I am very impressed with your skills-I can't wait to see you!

Amy and Mike said...

How awesome! I totally miss that about BYU! the dance classes, the competitions, watching the professionals! It makes me miss BYU so much!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

AMAZING Steph, really awesome! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Luv Cami

Megs said...

Wow, what a post. The pictures are amazing and you are amazing for being able to do all that stuff. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Jessica Macdonald said...

Steph - This is Jess Macdonald. How are you? I erased you phone message and don't have your phone number. Post it on my blog okay. mythankfullist.blogspot.com

I didn't get an invitation to your baby shower until 3 days after the shower. Sorry. I would have come. I'm so excited for you babe! You will be the best mom ever.

Jordan said...

So I don't know if you will even see this comment with so many others, but we loved hanging out with you and watching Kim. Her dresses are beautiful and she looks so beautiful when she dances. I wish we could have seen Kevin.
Good luck getting ready for your little BOY!
love-Melissa
oh! our blog is www.ourbarrelofmonkeys.blogspot.com

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Hope you are alive chick and doing well! luv cami

The Red Crew said...

Steph, what a crazy mixup! I can't believe you thought you were having a girl that long. Well i hope you are not disappointed b/c there is something so sweet about baby boys and their moms. How fun. Well i hope you will be vacationing to Utah sometime this summer and hopefully we can coordinate so i can see you and your cute belly and maybe even your cute baby! Hope all is well. PS Kim is a dream and so are the dresses!

Jess Perry said...

How is everything going? Let's see some little bump pictures and see your little one growing. Do you know what you are having?

Jess Perry said...

And one more thing...make sure you go to my blog and leave me your email address. I am going to be going private so I want to make sure to add you!

Steve and Amanda said...

I was thinking of you tonight as the ballroom dancers were on kBYU! How are you? How were your girl turned boy showers in Utah? I will call you sometime soon and give you are plans for coming up there in May...if it works out for you!