Sunday, October 2, 2011

6 Years Ago Today!!!

My LIFE CHANGED forever!!! I hung out with my now very best friend in the whole world. It was after priesthood, and I wasn't feeling well so he offered to bring me soup and just hang out and watch a movie. Never did I expect my life to then change for eternity. We talked all night, and started a journey that now will never end. I am So SO SOOOOO grateful he came into my life, and more that I get to spend the eternities with such a great guy and my very best friend. I also am glad that conference falls on this date almost every year, as it helps remind me 1) of our important first hangout! and 2) how lucky I am to be a member of this church and actually get to spend eternities with someone so awesome! I have so enjoyed watching conference this year. I remembered back when I was little and used to complain or try to get out of watching it on Saturday, and now I get so excited and want my family to feel the same way. Although some of them don't have my same desire, they have actually done a great job of at least letting me enjoy all of it so far. I felt like some of the talks were just for me, and as I know we all can, have received answers to some of my prayers and questions! I am so grateful to be a member of this church. What a blessing to have a living prophet and apostles to teach us and give us direction in our lives these days. If you didnt' get a chance to watch it or read it or have no idea what I am talking about go to LDS.org and you can watch it there. Anyways, and now for some random pics of all the things we been up to the past few weeks!

Cash being a super-hero!

Yes, he really did go on a walk like this - to the park and all!!! I was laughing the whole time!

The random turtle we had to stop for as it crossed the road one day when we came home and entered our neighborhood!

My cute little Griffin - he LOVES to be outside and throws major tantrums when we walk by the front door and don't go out!
Brothers!

Griff picked up this tutu and kept bringing it to me so I finally just put it on. It is for a friend's little girl, and yes, his dad wasn't happy!!!

Doesn't he look like he's dancing?! lol
Maybe someday I will have a little princess to actually put in all the frills (sigh)

Ok enough, no more dressing him up as a girl - don't want to give him a complex!

Cash took the monkey and threw it up in the air - got caught on the light! Pretty funny!

Griffy being ALL boy - lest you were worried from the pics above - SO MESSY!!!! He likes to try and feed himself these days! Gross!
A few weeks ago we had a crazy hail storm - Cash tried to go out in it but said it hurt to bad when it hit him!
A little trip to HT to get some groceries. This little guy LOVES to put the stuff in his cart!!!
I won Sister-of-the-Year for my brother and helped him out with a HUGE school project: included getting a focus group of 6 other moms to come over for 1.5 hours to talk about moms in the media, while I watched 7 kids under the age of 4 upstairs, including 4 month old twin baby girls. We actually did pretty great - Kevin snuck away and helped me hold little Halle for a few minutes - she cuddled right up to him and put her hand in his pocket - so cute!!!
Then she fell asleep! What can I say? He has the magic when it comes to kids (or is it twin girls?!)
Kelly, Jaclyn, and Sarah at Jac's babyshower - so much fun! Can't wait to meet the little princess this month!

We said goodbye to this car - the vehicle that has been with us from the beginning of our relationship. Traded it in!!!
I was surprisingly very sentimental about letting it go! Has a lot of history in that car and a lot of miles on it with Chip and me! It has been great, and yet had a LOT of problems that did need fixing so when we got a great trade in for it we instantly accepted!!!
What we traded it in for - wahoo! The swagger wagon!
And yes, we LOVE that it has our name on the back of it! (jk)
Griffin got sick on Friday and after cleaning up vomit from him and Cash (who is apparently a sympathy vomiter) we had to stay in all day, so we decided to decorate for Halloween!!! Got out the cobwebs and went to work on the staircase. Griff loves to drape himself in things and this was no exception! He put the cobwebs around him and trotted around happy as ever!

We went to Bo's 2nd birthday party and this little guy was so cute and happy. Had to get a picture of him. He walks around so big and is such a smiley little guy!
Checking out the big kids and deciding how he can get to do what they are doing!
Happy Conference Weekend!!!

1 comment:

hillary and britton said...

That's fun that conference will always be extra special for you! Adelaide and Nora have that same tutu swimsuit. Your boys are growing up! They are really cute