Friday, April 27, 2012

April 26, 2012: 6 years Down!!!

Yesterday marked 6 years of marriage!
6 WHOLE YEARS!!!!
Where has the time gone?
I really can't believe it has been that long, and yet I can't even remember what life was like before I had Chip in it!  
We have moved a TON! We have (almost) 3 kids! We have been around the world and back, have had some really great times, a few challenging times, and yet have had each other to lean on the whole way.  We are so abundantly blessed and I feel so happy and at peace knowing I get to go through this life rollercoaster with my very best friend!

To celebrate this year we actually got to go out to dinner by ourselves.  Chip said if I got the babysitter he would make reservations for the place.  We pulled up to a beautiful building and were set to go inside and eat at Fossett's!  It is supposedly an amazing restaurant at the Keswick Country Club out here in Cville.  As we were walking in we saw a guy leaving in a dinner jacket.  That is when Chip stopped.  He was worried there was a dress code and he wouldn't be allowed in.  Now Chip is always dressed nice, and of course tonight was no exception.  However, he had called me from his office and asked me to bring a pair of jeans for him because he had spilled something on his business pants that day.  Also, he didn't have a dinner jacket on.  So we walked towards the car and he called the place to ask if there was a dress code.  The guy responded yes but just business casual - no dinner jacket needed!  Phew!  Then Chip said "business casual meaning no jeans?!"  The guy responded yes.  Well - bummer for us!  So we turned around, walked back to the car, and Chip felt really bad and was apologizing the whole time.  Actually now I find it quite funny that this occurred, because it has been the ONLY time in his entire career that he has spilled something and had me bring him different pants - and of course it was on our anniversary when we were going out and he needed to be in something other than jeans!  

Well, we set off and decided to go to another restaurant called Duners, which we also had heard good things about.  So we ended up driving for about and hour and 15 minutes to just get to a place to eat, and yet it worked out! The food was great, and I got to spend time alone with just my bestest friend ever!

I love you honey - even if you did spill on your pants and ruin our night at Fossetts! Hey, at least we got to eat dinner alone and enjoy time just the two of us!

I look forward to more ruined dinners but an eternity of wonderful memories with you!  I love you so much!  Happy 6 years baby! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!