Friday, August 29, 2014

August 27: Cash Starts 1st grade at Jefferson Elementary!!!

I know I have the past 3 weeks to catch up on - including this cute boy's b-day, the move-in, and our AZ trip, and Chip and my SF trip....but I had to skip ahead to this cute boy's first day of school!  He started first grade on Wednesday and was soooo excited!

His uncle Sam got him a new shirt for his b-day that he wanted to wear, and Sam also did his hair for him and he looked like a stud, and walked out with so much confidence that I just had to smile.  I didn't shed any tears this year, not like last year, but I must say I miss him throughout the day.  He is my little right-hand helper, my amazingly smart boy who nothing gets past, a great older brother to his siblings and has the kindest heart of anyone I know.  I know he will do great things this year at school too!  

Last year our theme for the school year was "Be a Good Friend!" and he excelled at that.  This year I wanted something else, but wasn't sure what to do......then I started thinking and for some reason President Hinckley's B's came to my mind - so for this year our theme is BE GOOD!!!! I think this encompasses a lot and I know Cash will really BE GOOD because he is innately super good - as in can't lie.  (I know someday I will love this - pending it lasts - but sometimes it is a little annoying it is so extreme! haha)  He is my favorite 6 year old around.  Good luck Cash man!!!

Before school shots!!!








 At school ready to follow his teacher into his classroom - they don't do meet the teacher here or anything - just a list goes up the day before at school and then you show up and line up outside and meet them and go to class!

 Ready to go in his classroom!

 After school - first day success!

 How cute is his teacher - Miss Gilson?!!!  We LOVE her already and it's only been 3 days.  Such a change from last year to this (we liked Cash's teacher then too but just the experience was not as great)! We got a letter from Miss Gilson the first day that was so warm and friendly and wonderful (with no typos!) and she gave her personal email and phone number and you can tell she really likes her kids and loves teaching.  We are very excited!

As a side note since my brother Sam is here we wanted to find out how old she was and set her up on a date with him, but Cash refused to ask her that or give her a note from my bro! HAHA  

Happy school year 2014/2015!!!  1st grade is awesome!

No comments: