Monday, October 6, 2014

Random Thoughts!!!

I have had so many random thoughts I wanted to write down, and yet never got a chance, so figured it would just have to be here.  Thus, for those who want to read them - hear they are as of recent - RANDOM and ALL just my own tidbits!

1.  Why do boys have to go through the phase of everything potty talk is funny? 
(IE poop, pee, fart, bums, etc etc)  I walked in the other day to Griffin telling Ivy she had to say a certain word of the male anatomy in order to pass.....when I asked him what he why he was making her say such a word he said it was because it was the password and she had to say it to get by him.  (sigh) 
Then Cash and Griffin were playing on the Ipad and they were giggling and laughing and I wasn't sure why.....well later Chip got the Ipad and was on it upstairs while Ivy was in the bath and went into the little game they were playing and saw what they had written (more male anatomy potty language).  When asking them they said they thought it was funny to write it --- surprisingly they had spelled it correctly and so we knew who had typed it and also who was behind the thoughts in the first place (both boys being the culprits!)  I try to teach them, and hope stuff sinks in, but also I had to chuckle at them as in a way I found it sort of humorous - altho I definitely didn't want them to know that;)

2.  Why are my kids growing up so fast?  
I am LOVING the stage all my kids are in right now and just want to freeze time and not let any of them grow up any more.  I want them little and innocent and pure and sweet and cute and really couldn't ask for a better phase of life to be in right now - sure i have my days, and moments, and hours where I feel I want to pull my hair out - but overall my life is pretty close to perfect right now as far as my kids are concerned and I am trying to treasure each day and moment as I know they are passing far too quick!  I LOVE especially Ivy's little phase and how she is learning so much and my little buddy when the boys are at school and we get to experience so much fun stuff together.  I love Griffin learning to write and finding his name in all sorts of places (altho better on paper then on the hutch, the couch in marker, or the bathroom wall in pen which have been included in this) - I love that he is picking up on things and getting so big.  I LOVE how smart Cash is and how he is so great at school and how he came home and said "today we had to read but we were allowed to have a partner and guess what?! EVERYONE wanted to be my partner in my class so I didn't know who to choose - mom I couldn't pick cuz that wouldn't be fair to someone else!"  He didn't say this to brag at all, but I am so glad he is liked and that he didn't try to hurt anyone's feelings so instead he said he just better read to himself that day.  He is really sensitive and I am working on being more patient because I think I expect too much out of him.  We have also been doing piano and he is SO much fun to teach right now!

3.  I had a friend who made a statement this last week to me that I just can't get out of my mind:
She said "my marriage is just like a business partnership...... We just tolerate each other!"
This actually mad me SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO sad and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.  I can NOT imagine having my husband just be my "business partner" and not my best friend, confidant, and favorite person in the world.  To just have to tolerate someone for the kids and family's sake to me seems awful.  It takes the joy and happiness out of what a family should be and the passion and love and all the great feelings that should be there that aren't just seems actually tragic to me.  I have thought about it each day and actually tried to see how I could make my own marriage better and be a better companion to my own husband in what I consider the greatest partnership on this earth.  I can't imagine going along day to day with someone you can't stand or even like and that doesn't adore you or treat you how you want back.  I am grateful for a wonderful husband who teaches me daily unselfishness, patience, and kindness and who is my very best friend on earth.  I can't wait to spend the eternities with him!

4.  General Conference is AMAZING!!!!
I am so grateful for the chance to listen to the prophet and apostles speak and for the uplifting messages we were able to hear over the weekend.  Especially loved Elder Oaks and Tad Mcallister's talks this time from the Saturday Afternoon session!  I know our Savior loves each one of us and wants us to be happy.  I am renewed in my sense of urgency to do my part and become better more like him each day!

Have a great Monday and a great week!

No comments: