Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wrecks, prayers, and shots!



I spy with my little eye 2 little rascals!



 Just getting some sporty time in while still being girly!


 Oh my griffy! We love you so!  Oh my Ivy love you too!

 Frozen Yogurt fun!  We are a little obsessed these days!



 Hanging out while Cash tried out for Basketball!

Face painting fun!

 Chip wrecked his car - Early on in June he went down to Mexico with his brother for a boys weekend and a race.  He had a great time and was planning on heading back on Sunday afternoon.  I spoke to him Saturday night and everything was fine.  I, however, hadn't felt fine and in fact had a prompting to pray for him Saturday afternoon as we were driving to a church function.  Cash had made the comment "why should we pray we only do that normally on long trips and we aren't going on a long trip?!"  I knew he was right but felt impressed we needed to and so we did!  I remember specifically praying that he would be safe and protected on his trip home.  We went to the activity, it was fine, then came home and as we were having our family prayer I had the feeling again to pray for the same thing - that he would be protected and kept safe on his drive home.  The kids went to bed, I talked to him and all was well, and I tried to go to sleep.  I couldn't I just had such an uneasy feeling.
I then started reading my scriptures and once again had the same prompting.  I prayed the same thing again, that he would be safe and protected on his way home.  Then I fell asleep.  I woke up at 3 when Ivy was crying and ended up staying on her floor for a little bit because she was having trouble sleeping.  I felt the same impression and prayed another time for him.  Then I had a hard time falling back asleep but finally did right around 5 am.  Well, Chip walked in our room around 6 am and woke me up.  I instantly knew something was wrong.  I asked if he was ok thinking I was just groggy from being woken up and he told me he was but he had gotten in an accident.  I asked him what happened and he then told me how he blew a tire (the front drivers one) going 75 mph in the fast lane and it swung him into the median - he tried to correct and overcorrected it so that the whole car banged the median and then swerved across 4 lanes of traffic to the other side of the road.....luckily no other car was in the way as he did that and he coasted to a stop on the side of the road.  He called AAA but they weren't gonna be able to come for 2 hours and so he ended up changing the tire himself in the dark at 3 am on the side of the road - only this time he was on the side where oncoming cars were coming and said this was what made him the most scared - was that some car would hit him while he was there, with his phone in his mouth for light and lifting the regular size spare tire and getting it on.  I am impressed he was even able to do that, and that he could drive home because the back tire was completely bent too.  When he told me this I instantly burst into tears.  Tears of gratitude actually.
He asked me why I was bawling and I told him about my impressions to pray for him and how they had happened numerous times and I had done it and just knew without any doubt angels had been watching out for him.  
The car was damaged, but he was so lucky to be unhurt and ok and walking and I was so grateful for this.  We then said a prayer together of gratitude for his safety and my testimony grew a ton that day.  I am so grateful for his saftey!  It was just a car -and altho his new one and now completely damaged and took over a month to get fixed, we were so happy for his saftey and the Lord's protection over him!




 Cute Griffin!
























These 2 had their checkup and included boosters - they were both SOOO awesome! Griff had 4 shots and did amazing!

Got a reward to throw pennies in the fountain after at the mall!

Showing his bandaids off to his brother!

 More bball tryouts for Cash and park time for the other 2!

No comments: