Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Fun!


Realxin' in the theatre room.....ready to start Bourne Supremacy!!!




So this past weekend started off with us going to one of our favorite restaurants, 131 Main, with some of our new favorite friends (the Stevensons), followed by a trip to Walmart for some items Chip needed for his boat trip Saturday morning and the movie Bourne Supremacy. (we were rewatching the first 2 before going to see the 3rd). Saturday Chip went boating while I went shopping for some house decorations with Sarah -- I got some great stuff and they will be featured in the near future. After we got back, we went to our ward pool party for some great BBQ and social time. We love the ward and have met tons of new friends. Afterwards, we went to Bishop's to watch Bourne Supremacy on the big screen in the theatre room. (we watched Bourn Identity there on Monday for FHE). The theatre room features a 106" screen and stadium seating with great reclining couches. The walls our dark chocolate brown and it even has dimmer lights on the side like a real theatre. Thus, we plan on hanging out lots with the Bishop. Then, on Sunday, we went over to Bishop's again for a Ping Pong tournament and games --> We played a new game that is tons of fun called "Loaded Questions". It is my new favorite. Needless to say we were tired getting up this morning and heading back to work, and besides all the fun I also managed to: clean the entire house, do all the laundry, make food for Chip's lunches for the week, work out, and prepare and teach my YW lesson. Phew! No wonder I was a little bit tired today at work. :)



The Houter family & Bishop and Beth Draughon gettin ready for the movie --- sweet screen eh?





Chip got beat, for the second time, by Bishop!



The whole gang playing "loaded questions......we laughed so hard we all had stronger abs by the end!


The weekends are so fun they seem to fly by. It is crazy school is starting so soon, I have almost worked 1 month already, and I feel I have lived here for years. I love North Carolina.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Hi My name is Erin Ellsworth formally Link anyhow, I was friends with Chip in College up at Ricks. THe blogging world is so small. I saw Chip on a friends blog and thought "how many chips are there?" ANyway you guys look great and you have a fantastic house. Youre a reader? ANy good books you recommed? Please tell chip hello.

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Steph,
Sounds like you have already created a nice little world for yourself in NC. I am jealous of your adventure of getting to live away, and in such a nice place. I read your Stephanieisms and I think I would die if I started cuddling with the Bishop...so funny!

Maurine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maurine said...

You guys look so happy there! I am glad you are loving it...your house is so very cute...I can't wait to see more pictures of it. So the slide show thing you can just go to slide.com and create your slide show and then when you are done it will give you a code to enter on your blog and you can just cut and copy it right into your post...kind of like you probably did with your music when you put it on. If you are HTML mode it will just be a bunch of mumbo jumbo but should turn out to be a slide show when you publish it.

Lisa said...

It sounds like you guys have a great ward and are getting settled there. Your bishop has a really nice house. So Steph...how come you didn't include the wonderful story with your bishop. Ha,Ha!

The Reichmans said...

Steph that is seriously impressive that you got all that done. I can only do things when Ryan sleeps so things like laundry seem to take days. I have been meaning to watch the two Bourne movies again because I really don't remember what happened. I loved your 50 things you wrote about yourself-mostly because I could relate and agreed with so many of them. I am glad to hear you have not confused your bishop for chip lately.:)

Lindsey Lee said...

Im so happy you LOVE your new ward...looks super fun and social! Just don't forget about your original ward buddies! We miss you guys but are excited for you and we live our adventures through you since we are too chicken to leave Utah. Lets definately get together in November!

Fuller Family said...

It looks like a lot of fun Steph. I am glad to hear that you love where you live. When you have such good friends/ward, it makes it a lot easier to be away from you family. You look great.