Saturday, August 25, 2007

CRAZY FRIDAYS

Fridays are normally casual days, where everyone at the office wears jeans. However, yesterday we were going to the Country Club for lunch for reaching our goal, and although I asked the manager and got his approval it was still ok to wear jeans, I must admit Friday morning as I was getting dressed I was still questioning the decision. However, he gave the approval, so I wasn't going to miss another casual Friday. I strolled into the office in my jeans at 7 am, to try and get a jump on work before the lunch at 11:30 a.m. (and the rest of the day off-yeah!), and that is when it all started. At 7:30 Jeff (my manager) came over and peeked around my cube. I asked what he was looking at and he said "you wore jeans...you can't wear jeans to the country club"!


"I knew it", I thought to myself, but I had failed the thought to bring another pair of pants in the car so now what was I to do? With a 35-45 minute commute it wasn't worth it to go back home so Taheera, who was also wearing jeans, decided we should go to the mall and just get a pair of dress slacks to change into. We both found pants at Gap, and I love mine so I will keep them. Taheera is 6 feet tall, so she asked the Gap employee to take the cuff out and steam them so they would be long enough and not have wrinkles. While he did this, we decided to play mannequin in the store and take pictures. It was pretty funny, and with not that many people at the mall at 10 a.m. we only got a few weird stares.....although I think the store manager was excited to have us leave :)




First, Taheera posed as a mannequin in this cute hat that was for sale in the store. (She can hold perfectly still for a long time.)



I decided to pose like the model in the picture --- it was a totally awkward pose, and I needed a little more practice with the tilt of the head it looks like....
















Next thing I know, Taheera is putting on a shirt to blend in with the "Casual T-shirt family of mannequins"

I decided to try to insert my head on the mannequin, but it was too tall.....However, I did buy the dress that is to my left....a totally cute comfortable dress, that can also be doubled as the "very stylish long shirt" trend that people wear over pants, and gives a totally European look. Love it!!!

Overall, a great excuse to go shopping...















Then, upon arriving home at 1 pm from the crazy morning, I pulled into the garage and found a surprise in the corner ---- a real BIG BLACK WIDOW ---- yes, you might think it is a spider you only hear about existing, it actually does. It had a huge egg sac in the web, and at first I thought I would just have Chip kill it when he got home, but after going inside and then coming out 10 minutes later to find it gone, I realized I would have to do something myself. So after an hour at the pool I came home to find it back in this original position, and I took Chip's shoe and took a swing. First one missed. I was a little shaky, but the spider didn't try to run; I guess the female instinct is the same in any species, and she stayed right next to her egg sac. So I took another swing and got both with one blow. Sorry to poor Charlotte and her web, but I just couldn't have poisonous little creatures taking over my garage!!!!

11 comments:

Treat Queen said...

I'm impressed you got into that pose like the model.

Lyndsie Field said...

Stephanie! So good to hear from you! It really is fun to see what everyone is up to...I have to agree! I can't believe you said, "I don't know if you remember me..." in your comment! Hello...of course I remember Stephanie Rosen...how could anyone forget?! You look great and seem so happy out in N.C.! :)

Lindsey said...

Steph! I am so proud of you for killing that black widow! I check the window well every morning and night to make sure ours is still there and hasn't found her way into our room yet. We can't figure out how to kill her because we don't want to take out the screen for fear of making a space for future poisonous bugs to sneak in through, and the top of the well has a metal grate. The black widow has become like an unwanted pet! maybe you can kill her when you come out... which I am so excited for!

Lindsey said...

Also I love that you get to have casual fridays, It reminds me of the office episode where ryan brings in michaels dry cleaned jeans and pam explains why michael made casual fridays! jeans put everyone in a special mood :)

Jessica Brown said...

Grose a black widow! I would have freaked out! I loved the picture of you looking like the model. You looked better than the model to me!

Jeff Jardine said...

Steph - your post on "crazy friday" made me think about "lazy sunday" although the two have nothing to do with each other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwK6ugW62is

merathon said...

hey-- i saw you posted a comment on my sister-in-law megan's blog and wanted to say "welcome to charlotte!" i am patrick's wife (meredith) and i have also heard patrick talk about chip at work. i think their cubes are very close. glad to hear you are liking NC. patrick said you guys live up in huntersville. we live just a few miles south of uptown, so i guess we're not too close, but we'd love to have you over sometime!

The Reichmans said...

steph-I don't know how you killed the spider-I get paralyzed around any little spider but I don't know what I would have done around an extremely poisonous one. You make a great manaquin (sp?) sorry I have missed your calls we were out of town and then I had to go straight to work yesterday

Lisa said...

Steph it was fun talking to you yesterday. I love reading your blog. You always have the funniest stuff to tell.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

STEPHANIE ROSEN! You can stalk me down in the blog world anyday girl! I am so glad to hear from you and see your cute pics and hear how great you are doing...I'm so happy for you! Things are good for us now that we are settled in Denver...we have kinda been all over it seems the past couple of years. You know this Feb will be the 10 reunion of our '98 state championship and my dad is trying to get us all together...I actually would love to see everyone! You are cute as usual - keep me updated girl and I will be checking your blog regularly! Cami

Megs said...

Steph, I am so happy you found my blog. I love your blog. The pants story was so funny. I loved it and it made me laugh. I am really glad you are liking it in Charlotte. I know Pat and his family really like it there. It is so fun to catch up with people from the past.
Love,
Megan