Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend of Surprises!


This weekend was full of surprises……and not ALL of them good!

First surprise - Chip took Cash on a walk to get a menu from a restaurant we were going to order with friends and check it out! However, it took a LOT longer than expected before they returned. When they walked in the door I heard Chip say – “Cash, tell mommy what happened….”

I looked over, saw Cash, and immediately burst into tears. REALLY. I cried for almost 10 minutes straight – my cute little Cashee boy looked NOTHING like himself – his hair – GONE! Completely buzzed right off his head!

Chip started to explain he told the guy to just cut a small amount off and take off around his ears and the back, and yet Cash ended up like all the other little Chinese kids for the summer – with this buzz! I was SO SO SO sad! Now I know you all might be saying “whatever, it will grow back no need to freak out over this!” However, it took us 1.5 years to get Cash as much hair as he had – which those who have seen him recently know he didn’t have a lot, but I loved what he had, and doing a cute little fohawk with it and he LOVES to comb his hair too! Also, the pregnant lady in me just erupted so just let me have my little fit! I thought he looked like a chemo patient…………but after the weekend, I am slowly liking it a little, and he loves to say to me “mommy, haircut” and point to his hair! He even will look at other pictures of himself and then say “mommy, haircut” and point – so guess he understands what happened! NEVER again will he visit a Chinese barber tho! I can only hope that his hair grows faster now, and maybe even a little thicker if we are lucky!

Second surprise – Cash was taking a bath and was so happy and being so great while I got ready on Saturday morning. All of a sudden I heard “mommy – poop!” I looked over and my worst nightmare had occurred – yep – sure enough he had pooped in the tub!
Totally disgusting, and not a fun surprise to clean up after at all!

Third surprise – we went for a fun visit to Great Wall! That wasn’t a surprise as I knew about the plans, but what occurred on the way there was – and even more so how well I handled it! We went with friends and on the way there the little girl Coy got carsick. She rested for awhile on her dad’s lap but then came back up and was sitting by me. I was stressed the whole time she was going to puke, and when she started kind of choking and I looked over I knew it was coming. Yep, she puked all over herself in the car, sitting right next to me. Now, most of you know I CAN NOT handle barf AT ALL; however, I remained calm, quickly grabbed her hat and tried to help her just throw up into it, and I actually was fine – didn’t even feel sick after like normal – and that is also being prego and after a very hot and long winding road up there – it seemed to take forever so I am not surprised she was a little woozy! After the episode tho she felt much better and we were almost there, where we could get her a new outfit and enjoy the Great Wall!

The Great Wall is one of those things you HAVE to do in China, although once you have done it you don’t necessarily want to run back and enjoy it again, or for that matter in my case ever even care if you go back again at all! Especially after all the stairs you gotta climb! But it was enjoyable and I am glad we did it! Cash had a great time too, and I will just tell the rest through the pictures! Enjoy!


This first pic is out of order but Blogger wouldn't let me move it - so our Family on the Wall - and yes, we did have to hike up all those steps after coming down them! It was a big work out!

After you get through all the tourist stands, and before you get on the cable car to go up to great wall, we found this Camel! Cash LOVED seeing it and went right up and petted it! They charge 30 RMB for a photo with it, but i got this snapped before they told me!

Chip and Cash in the cable car as we took off for the Great Wall!

This picture was for Chip - it says that Pres. Clinton rode in this cable car in June of 1998! (i think that is the right date) Wow - what a special car!

The cars actually go up very steep very quickly - a view of those behind us!

At the top after a small climb, but before the bigger one! The blossoms are coming out and really pretty!

A good view of the long stretch of wall we were by - it goes on forever it seems, and I am glad we didn't do the whole walk - way too tiring and hot!



Cash saying "CHEESE" and smiling for the camera! A very good view of his new cut that at first made me cry but I am now liking a little better! Still a cute kid right?!

In china a lot of women carry around umbrellas to block the sun, and ever since Shanghai Cash has been obsessed, and will chase after those carrying them, so when we got to the Great Wall he wanted an umbrella at the first tourist stand and we got one just perfect for his size! As you can see from the smile he likes it, and also saying to people "wellow umbwella" (it's yellow)

love this expression
LOVE these 2 boys!

The chinese always want their kids in pictures with white kids, so we were obliging! This little chinese kid was eating the nastiest looking hot dog out of a wrapper - looked SO gross!


The other kids didn't want to, but Cash went right up and grabbed this other kid's hand for the picture when they asked - he is used to it now and might wonder when we come back to the US why people are not wanting to shake his hand all the time or take his picture and touch him!

Cash, Coy, and Keeser! Buddies all enjoying the trip!

We decided to ask for a picture with some Chinese folks since they always want pictures with us - this guy was LOVING it - and definitely had some of the craziest teeth you have ever seen!
It was a little smoggy, but hot anyways and just another view from the wall!

Out of a whole in part of the wall!


5 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I like the buzz! He looks like a little boy now! It will definitely grow in thicker...

Suzie Soda said...

Fun to read your stories..Cashie looks cute with a buzz. Glad you get to come home. xoxoxo

Amy and Clark said...

What stories! You will have a whole colletion of them by the time your chinese adventure is over! By the way, you never posted pics of Kimberly's prom dress!

Adria said...

Wow! That's awesome. I'd love to see the Great Wall sometime. And, yes, Cash still looks adoreable. I actually haven't seen him in a while so he looks the same to me.

Lisa said...

I would have cried too! It always takes my kids forever to get hair. Hayden and Cash have matching hair now!