Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of.......

PRE-SCHOOL!!!
Cash has been waiting for this for a long time and was SO excited to go! He got up early and came into our bed and said "Mom, I need to get ready and get dressed for pre-school, and do my hair in spikes with hairspray and product!" (guess he wants to impress the ladies already :)

Anyways, it was pouring rain and only in the 60s so we had to change outfits from what he had originally picked, but we got him all done up, spikes and all, had a great breakfast of eggs and cereal and got ready to head out the door! He was talking the whole time about how he was going to be the nice boy in the class not the mean boy, and that he wasn't going to use any bad words and that he was going to share! (We must go over these things a lot or something, or at least we used to!) We set off and got there a few minutes early! He didn't want to wait so we went in. Upon going in I realized today was only the open house and he wasn't going to be staying! He was so excited and went right to the train table and started playing and didn't want to leave. His teacher seems great and we are all happy that he will have so much fun!

Can't wait for his real first day on Thursday! He wanted me to take pictures of him on his first day and suggested I take a pic with his teacher - definitely my kid as I like to document all these things. My favorite part about him starting school, however, was him getting a father's blessing from Chip last night. We had a little talk about school and blessings and I told him how I used to get a blessing each year from my dad before I started school and how it is so special and exciting and helps us to not be nervous and is from our Heavenly Father and lets us know how much he loves us. Cash sat so still and was beaming during his blessing, and it definitely brought me to tears. He is one special boy and we love him very much, as his Heavenly Father does! I know he will do great this year and enjoy it so much! Can't believe it is actually here. I think I am actually going to miss him during these 3 hours he is away on Tuesdays and Thursdays!


So excited to be leaving!
The big 3 year old pre-schooler!
A spunky picture!
Mrs. McKay is his teacher and she is great. He was a little shy at first meeting her but that wont' last long we know!
I love my little pre-schooler!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

How fun for you both! I love his shoes, I wanna get some like that for Coop!