Friday, July 19, 2013

We Are True Californians Now!!!

 We did it.  We got bikes, a bike carrier, and a baby bike seat!  Now our family of 5 can become part of the crew that bikes the strand along the beach and has beach cruisers!  We are LOVING it!  (although the ride to and from the beach from our house is SOOOO hilly!)  Great workout though right?!  My legs and butt will hopefully be showing the fruits of my labor soon :)  Anyhow, yesterday Chip came home early from work and we set up the baby bike seat and went for a sunset ride.  It was great....well minus the first part where my brakes failed and I was going down a super fast with Ivy and thought we were going to die....or the part that after escaping a car collision due to my brakes failing and Chip being my rescuer and tightening them up that then they were too tight and rubbing and I found biking to be quite difficult and kept saying that I was in worse shape then I thought (and that was on the flat part)!  When I finally realized they were rubbing and so causing me problems the other way Chip once again was my hero and fixed them and after that the ride was MUCH better --- altho at that point we were headed up HUGE hills back home so it was still very hard.  However, it was great to breathe in the ocean air, enjoy family time doing something active and fun, and I can say I am a true Californian now!  
While daddy put Ivy's seat on my bike Ivy found herself a seat in this carrier with Griffin!  She was so cute squealing with delight and getting super excited!

 Happy kiddos!

 Ready to set out!

 Strapped in and ready!  

Mom and Ivy - ready to go!

We made it just in time to watch the sunset!  Here it was a little bright tho!



 Switched angles so you can see the family!

 On our way back waiting while daddy fixes mom's bike again!

 Excited to be off again!


 We also got a pool for our little side yard for the kids to play in while mom is making lunch or dinner or cleaning!  It was a hit with all 3 kiddos!

Our water away from the beach!

 My little girl in yet another new little swimsuit  (I have an addiction to buying her way too many!  When you go every day to the beach or swimming you need a lot of swimsuits right? ;)

Ivy has also decided she LOVES the stairs and is always wanting to play on them - squealing with delight each time!

 I made it mommy!

 Yesterday on our second shopping trip to Target to get another curtain panel for Ivy's room Griff fell asleep.  He didn't wake up when Cash and I put his shoes on or anything so we threw down a towel and put him in the cart like this and set out for our shopping.  He woke up before we went in the store but was thinking it would be great if he actually would have slept thru our trip!  Would have made it easier!   

Anyways we are busy with summer and all that is going on and plenty of activities keeping us busy....and now have fun free entertainment to do that will help us stay in shape!
Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your bike is so cute with an S on the seat! So fun someday I want a bike trailer but probably by the time we we are in a place where we will use it and can afford all the stuff out kids will have their own bikes! Have a fun time!!