Saturday, June 21, 2014

The End of School, a MOVE, SAD GOODBYE, and Father's Day catch up!!!

The end of school came and went just like that - kind of like how this year has seemed to go for me!  Every time I blink it feels another month in the year is behind us, and altho we are doing lots of things and staying busy and it's fun - sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and let the everyday life stuff go on a little bit longer!  As in, this move out of our house was the hardest for me ever.  The first time I ever cried (and this time I sobbed for over 2 hours straight) on my drive away from the house to Utah with the kids on Father's day.  I think the biggest thing is that we didn't want to or have to leave - but rather got kicked out of our house.  The landlord sold it and we were forced out, rather than having something in the works and moving out on our choice.  So it makes it harder.  Add that to the fact we love LOVE LOVE the place we live - our backdoor neighbors, yes that we share a driveway with, are great friends and so good to my kids and we miss them a ton, we were up the street from the school, we had a 4 BR house (which in Cali is hard to come by if you don't want to pay out the wazoo - oh wait we do that anyways, but hey it was 4 BR so we had a guest room) and we loved Cash's school and our location 1 mile from the beach and could get to places fast.  Oh, and don't even get me started on how awesome my kitchen was!!!  

Comparatively to anything we have seen in the last few months, nothing compares to the price and our biggest regret is not buying the house for ourselves, as we are realizing that there is literally NOTHING out there on the market except overpriced homes and no 4 BR exist in the area unless we want to pay over 6K a month and just everything seems not so good as our old home.  So we were sad!

Ok - let's move on to the good stuff - we have the BEST friends there too - ones that will last a lifetime, and who were so helpful to us in the move - our friends the Walters provided so many kid watching activities, helped us on moving day, dinners, and hours and hours of fun for my kids and we miss them so much already in the week we been gone.  We are pretty much family with their 3 boys being my boys besties and big brothers to Ivy Jane and I just can't say enough good about how awesome they are - below Griffin is playing on the rings at their house during a playdate!

 Cute little monkey!

Before June Gloom came in, we had a few nice warm days and we ditched packing and spent our time lounging at the beach, with the boys jumping waves and playing with friends.  We have become beach bums and totally love it in Cali!!!



 We got to work in Griffin's pre-school a few times and it was a blast too!  Ivy especially loved the dress ups and puzzles!

 Also his school had a bowling day party and we attended and kids had a blast.  Ivy found herself a little boyfriend - Tate - to eat her donut with and loves him to pieces too (me too!) He and his brother are in the class and some of Griffin's besties - his family is in our ward!

 Cash did the best and won the game!  With 2 strikes and a spare!

 Cash graduated from kindergarten and we were sad to say goodbye to the year, but excited for things to come - below with his teach Ms. Picazo, and then right with his bestie Christian Walter!

These 2 are also besties and were dressed to match in patriotic swimmies so snapped a photo before heading to the beach!

The week before we left June Gloom hit and it was cold and very windy and so we weren't so sad to leave this and hopefully come back for the good beach days!  However, the wind was perfect for kite flying so the last day we had a blast with the Smiths flying their kites.  Even Ivy flew one!  So fun! And it doesn't look so gloomy I know from the pics, but it was freezing and windy and by the end much more grey as it is most of the days right now!





As you can tell I couldn't get enough pictures - way too fun!

Then it was back to reality and having to pack up the house.  I haven't had to do this before since most the times we have moved we have had movers do it - this was not as fun, and also much more sad as previously stated.  I was especially devastated when I came into my room to pack my clothes and pulled out my new silk blouse that i have only worn twice and found this on it - NO idea how that happened - as in it was on a hanger the whole time and wasn't like that when I put it in - not sure what is on it but hope it comes out!  SAD :(  
Other pic is of one room during packing - pic doesn't do it justice - but good thing we had sold all the furniture in that room so we had a place to put things!

Then it was time to leave, and we were all super sad as we left on Father's Day, me crying and the most sad probably but Cash mentioned how much he didn't want to move out either on our trip several times.

Our house - the last time I can call it that as Chip moved out on the 20th and now it isn't ours any longer.  You were really good to us 1920 Havemeyer Lane!!!!  Farewell!

The best part of that day was that we did get to see my dad on Father's Day and celebrate with him - and we love him to pieces.  He is so wonderful, loving, calm, caring, humble, and the best dad anyone could ask for.  I am so lucky to call him mine and get to spend time with him this summer!  My kids adore him and Papa Dave is super fun to hang with!  

The kids were excited to just get out of the car after the 10+ hour drive and get to play with their uncles.  We have the best uncles around and they are so good to my kids.  Here all 3 are on Sammy as he gives them a ride.  We are happy to get to hang with them this summer while we figure out our lives and where to live next!!!!

Adventures of our first week here to come soon!!!!

No comments: