Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pick "Pickler".....an Explanation for Kelly Pickler

So one might wonder if Kelly Pickler is really as dumb as she comes across. Well, I visited her hometown, the wonderful place of Ablemarle, North Carolina, and I think it explained a LOT. Nobody seemed too educated, but it sure was pretty. We drove through on our way to a YW camp, and the lovely truck below is a great example of what the town consists of --- mostly chickens --- this truck was in front of us for a good while, and feathers were flying out everywhere. Although education didn't seem to be the prime concern of the town, I am sure that they all have the best "DOWN" comforters and pillows ever (from all the chickens). Maybe that is one reason for the great furniture NC is known for --- there was more "down" in that town then people. And maybe Kelly Pickler has a little of that fluff stuck in her head, which is why she can't seem to say certain words like "calamari" right. Bless her heart, she is doing pretty well considering where she comes from.







Brought the phrase "don't count your chickens before they hatch" to mind!!! An interesting site for us to follow on the very narrow 2 lane roads - a not so favorite characteristic of NC!

8 comments:

Maurine said...

How funny that you were in Kelly Picklers home town! It sounds like a happening place. Does down come from chickens too? I thought it just came from geese or ducks, but I don't really know. Have you bought any beautiful NC furniture yet?

Jess Perry said...

Okay you are funny! I love your blog...it rocks!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Steph - OK in response to your response...2 things - one, looks like you haven't lost your Attitude :)...two, you will always be Steph Rosen to me but I will make the change to Steph & Chip which I think is definatly fair enough...and one more thing...for some reason I think it is laugh out loud funny that you went through Kelly Picklers hometown...I love how you give her the benefit of the doubt - always looking for the good in people!!! Love keepin connected - C. Freeze

Lyndsie Field said...

that's funny...I like Kelly Pickler's music...but she does seem a little air headed sometimes, so you helped explain a lot! :)

Fuller Family said...

That's pretty exciting you were in her hometown. That does explain a lot about her. I would love to go back to where you are living and visit someday! We will see. I heard it is really pretty.

Lisa said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. I had forgotten that you are the greatest American Idol fan. I remember you always knew all the trivia of each contestant. I have fun memories of watching the season finale the year that Carrie Underwood won. We showed the tape to Mike when he got home from his mission.

Unknown said...

Hey Stephenie and Chip! I love the blogging world, I just happend to stumble onto your website. The house looks great...I love your decorating style. I'm glad you guys are loving NC. We'll have to get together again soon. Check out our website at http://www.babysites.com/sites/quincymae1/

Talk to you later,

Marijo

Hilary said...

nice chickens...love the country...keep the updates coming, I want more house pics!!! :)