Monday, February 11, 2008

CRAVINGS, CRAVINGS, CRAVINGS

I have had many cravings over the last few months, including Papa John's Pizza, Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches from Subway, Wendys - (including Large Spicey McChicken Sandwich, Jr. bacon cheeseburger, 5 piece chicken nuggets, Biggie Fries, and Chocolate Frosty - yes I ate this ALL in 1 hour's time, twice), Macdonalds (from the $1 menu - cheeseburger, fries, orange soda, sundae, and parfait - also twice), beef jerky, wheat thins, and GUSHERS!!!! I have now cut out all the fast food, and pretty much everything else on this list, but I still want these gushers. They are the greatest little fruitsnack, that when you bite into them oozes out this juice that is just so tasty and delicious - I can eat multiple packs at a time, and bring them to work with me every day for snacks....I may try to cut them out too, but right now they are my treat of choice. So yes, I know I need to cut out the others (the Wendy's meal alone had 2000 calories in the one sitting - i looked it up on the website), and I don't plan on eating it anymore. I am now hoping to curb my cravings to healthy snacks and meals --- bring on the veggies and fruits! Thank you mom for some delicious healthy menus and ideas!!! So anyways, wondering what all you other mothers out there craved while you were prego? Anything funny or just plain weird? I have yet to crave pickles and icECream together, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? Let me have your funny stories!!!! And for any of you looking for a delicious treat --- check out Tropical Fruit Gushers!!!!

16 comments:

laurel said...

Hi Steph! I found your blog through Amanda's who I found through Janae's. Small blogging world! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am sorry to hear you had such a rough first trimester. (By the way, I craved Swanson Chicken Pot Pies, nasty.)

Well, I am living in NYC and have two kids. Check out my blog if you're ever bored. thecitywalkers.blogspot.com

Laurel (your old David John suite-mate!)

P.S. Where is Jen these days?

Megs said...

This was a great post. I will tell you that gushers sound really gross to me and I think it is funnny they sound so good to you. I only had one craving one night when I was pregnant. I really wanted watermelon. My big craving came after I had Blake and for about a year afterward (I still really want it now, but the desire has gone down) I had to have root beer. I wanted it all the time!! Thanks for posting!

Lindsey said...

Stephie! I loved when you called me after you ate your Wendy's feast (even though they don't sell McChickens) because sometimes I crave greasy greasy food and want lots of fries and cheeseburgers, even though I've never been pregnant! My new favorite healthy treat is cottage cheese with a little spoon of strawberry jam stirred in to make it sweet and fruity...like gushers :)

merathon said...

the things i've craved so far this pregnancy are cheddar & sour cream Baked Lay's, macaroni n' cheese, and Trader Joe's vegetarian egg rolls. i've never been a fast food person and since i don't eat meat, that kinda rules that stuff out anyway, but one day, i tossed back an entire bag of the Baked Lay's like they were going out of style! i've also had urges for calzones at Mellow Mushroom and PF Chang's vegetarian lettuce wraps. for the past few days i've been wanting California Pizza Kitchen, but i haven't indulged that one yet! and fruit (especially any kind of berries) ALWAYS sounds good!

Steve and Amanda said...

ICE CREAM!!! Every night almost, but I guess it is still a craving every once in awhile!

merathon said...

you are on BEDREST? was that doctor's orders? i didn't know about that. what can i do for you? when you are feeling better, we need to go out-- this time we'll plan ahead so that we can get a sitter and YOU will be feeling well!

i am definitely glad to be feeling better and to have a semi-normal appetite back. it also feels good to be working out again. over christmas, there was about a 3 week period where i was so sick that i couldn't do ANYTHING and i was going crazy, so i definitely sympathize with you. it feels so nice to get my heart pumping!

Lisa said...

So gushers is the latest craving! You make me laugh! I tried those once when I was a kid. I don't know if I really liked the juice gushing out. My cravings with Kenna were a beef & cheese stick. Parker my craving was rootbeer and cafe rio salad. My cravings with Halle were milk and soup.

laurel said...

Steph ~ my husband is in investment banking at goldman sachs too... anyway, I would love to catch up more. Email me sometime at laurelhwalker at gmail.com

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

steph, i find this hilarious and so full of truth, why does pregnancy do this to us? when i was prego, i was all about eggo waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! are you hanging in there...let me know if i can help with any q/a...keep me updated! luv cami

Sara Stevenson said...

Ha! I love that! Gushers are great, and I agree about wheat thins definetly a must. So when are we going to play? Are you showing at all? I don't think I am yet, I just feel like nothing fits anymore and my gut is getting bigger:) Not loving that:)

Rodney said...

Hi steph, I am not pregnant but I have been craving oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. I ate 1/2 a dozen last night. my my, the weird things hormones do. hope you are well!

Rodney said...

ha ha, I just realized that I have been leaving all these posts as Rodney...its me Hil :) lol

Jess Perry said...

I love the craving's. I loved Green apples & Peanut butter and then I was all over grapefruits. I also enjoyed pickles and weird flavors of wheat thins dipped in cream cheese. Fun times...enjoy it! How are you feeling?

The Reichmans said...

I want to know what your having? I know you told your family and chip and so I am very curious!

Lindsey Lee said...

I LOVe that you crave gushers! That is so funny. I craved Jello, chocolate milk and vegetable soup. RANDOM! how are you feeling these days? and what the heck are you having??

Maurine said...

Your post was hilarious. Pregnancy does weird things to us doesn't it? I know this is disgusting but I craved hot dogs from J-dawgs. Yuck. They were good at the time, but I have never liked hot dogs and I haven't eaten one since I had Addie. What are you having???