Wednesday, February 20, 2008

VERY AWFUL DAY!!!!!


This is pretty much the story of my day!!! I am already counting down the days til I can quit my job, and after today's DEBACLE I am thinking that it just might come sooner rather than later.....I am not sure how much more I can take at a place where I feel so unappreciated, attacked for decisions I thought were good, humiliated by my senior and manager, and absolutely hate the work I am doing.

I know I should be treasuring my last few months of work, as I probably won't be working after the baby comes, but it is just hard to put my BYU Pride aside from graduating from the #2 school in the nation with a Masters in Accounting and accepting the fact all I really am is a data entry clerk --- yes that is right, I am wondering why I stressed and worked SO hard for all those years in the accounting program only to end up with a job that requires hardly any brain power! And the craziest part, I get paid better than I would have if I had gone with one of the Big IV! It just isn't right! And seriously, I am not sure I can handle that much more!

The only good thing --- every day at 4 pm when I get to walk out the door of the office and not think about work for the rest of the day!!!! And of course, some of my greatest friends in NC; if it wasn't for them being there, I would have already quit! We'll see if I can make it much longer! This day almost did me in! Picture this - a pregnant woman, already emotional, getting attacked in an office about her work, and she tries not to cry - but finally it erupts and she can't breathe or talk or anything for about 15 minutes while the 2 guys continue to talk about her faults as an employee! Pretty good picture -- well, that was me today, followed by an hour in my car crying and trying to get it together so i could go back into the office and finish the day's work!

Halleluah we don't have terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days TOO often!!!!! Hope all of you had a great day! (hey, at least i have 2 hours of american idol to look forward to to cheer me up)!

9 comments:

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry! I hope your senior 'a-hole' manager gets a taste of his own medicine sometime, and SOON! I hope you have a better day at work tomorrow, and call me if you need to bash on someone!:) Love ya girl!

Brent and Britta said...

Just QUIT! You have more important things to do... like painting the nursery! ;) I love you - you should have called me!

Megs said...

I am so sorry. What a crappy day! I am glad you had idol last night. HOpefully today is looking up. Thursdays are the best. So close to the weekend. Here's to a much better day!

Lisa said...

I am sorry you had such a horrible day. I love that book by the way. I am watching American Idol too. I remember how much you love that show. I have some fun memories. Who is your favorite so far this season?

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

buggin day steph - hate those ones and when you are prego it just makes things twice as horrible because everyone is like "emotional pregnant lady." hang in there...you are tough - plus k what did you think of the guys on idol? i am kinda scared for the season?!?!? Cami

Fuller Family said...

I am sorry it was such a terrible day. I do have to say that pregnancy makes it that much worse. You are going to love when the baby comes and you can stay home. It is so much better than the office. I hope American Idol cheered you up. Love that show!

Lindsey Lee said...

Seriously...that was just like my story when i was preggo and working...i hated it!! But i PROMISE you will be glad you stuck with it. Time will go by faster and you will enjoy being out of the house. hang in there girl...but if you don't, i expect to see you alot more because of all the utah trips!

Phyllis said...

As President Hinckley always said: Things have a way of working out. Hang in there and enjoy the pay checks.

Phyllis said...

Every day look for someone to bless with your cheerful smile and kind words. That will help work to go faster and better.