Saturday, February 9, 2008

First Trimester: Check....and early Valentine's surprise

So the day FINALLY arrived. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Hopefully now I am over the worst part: the nausea, the migraines, the insomnia, the CRAVINGS, the super SUPER tiredness, and wondering when I will finally start to have energy again! I woke up one day last week with more energy than I have had in 2 months, and boy did it feel good. This next week I hope to bring back to my life exercise (I am now in withdrawals and have the energy to get on that treadmill), healthy eating (see next post for update on this one), and feeling once again my old happy self! Although I am now starting to just feel fat all the time - I'll take that to what I felt the last few months!


I realize now that I am feeling sane again that these last few months haven't just been a trial for me - they have been hard on my husband, my mom, and any other friends who have had to listen to my complaints. Thank you all for your support, Chip for being the best husband I could ask for, mom for listening for hours each day to my crying about my helpless state and worries (to the point of almost flying out here to help me), and all friends for the encouragement that it would soon end. I really do appreciate it. And yes, I am now feeling up to actually helping with the cleaning and laundry at the house ---- Chip has been so amazing at not only working so many hours a week, but taking over ALL responsibilities of the house! He is a master cleaner, great at laundry, and wonderful at appeasing me with all my crazy cravings!!!!


Last week Chip went to NY for work for 3 days. He asked me if I wanted him to bring anything back to me - to which I responded I really wanted some new Chanel sunglasses since I had broken mine (of course the knock-offs from the street vendor I am referring to). Anyways, he called to tell me the next day he had went to find them, but upon getting off the subway had been soaked by the rain, and that no street vendors were outside selling them. Well, at least he had tried, right?


Upon returning home he put his bag up on the couch and asked if I wanted my presents he had brought me. Confused as to what he could have gotten I said sure. He then proceeded to pull 2 gifts out of the bag. He had gotten not only my sunglasses (he had made an extra trip after the rain back to the vendors), but also my MOST favorite perfume - ISSEY MIYAKE. Smells SOOO good!!!! What a husband! Happy Valentines early! It was a happy ending to a very LONG 3 months.......and now bring on the next phase!!!! (and good ideas of things to get your husband for valentines day....pressure's on!)


4 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I must be on that list of good friends... we can talk about things that if anybody heard our conversations they would be shocked! I miss you and I am so glad you are feeling better. Chip is a trooper!

Treat Queen said...

You're spoiled. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope that things continue to get better!!

Heather said...

We are so excited for you guys! Clint's parents told us about your big news at Christmas and we thought it was the coolest thing! Congrats! We can't wait to hear what you're having!

Steve and Amanda said...

Thanks for Pres. Hinckley's quote...I needed it today. Parenting sometimes seems like it will never end...just like the sickness you were feeling, but the good far out ways the bad days. happy valentines day to you!!! I am glad you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon.