Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting Out of My Comfort Zone

Many who know me think I am very outgoing and make friends easy, and so wouldn't have trouble meeting new people in our new place or making new friends. Although I would like to believe this too, I am actually somewhat shy before I know people and in new places where I don't know anyone have to really force myself to jump in and get involved. I prefer to just sit back and watch, waiting for someone to talk to me, include me, or approach me first. However, I made a goal after reading an Ensign article that with this move I would jump in and participate in all the ward activities I could as soon as we moved here, including stuff on my own.

This last week I had my first opportunities. I went to Enrichment night last Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I decided to attend playgroup. I was a little nervous showing up with my 6 week old to the apple orchard, and yet I am glad I did. It was a lot of fun, I met some more people, and I am starting to slowly feel like I am getting acclimated to the ward and area here.

The Orchard had tons of different activities to do, including picking your own apples, hayrides, pumpkins, and the "famous apple cider donuts". However, the best part about it in my mind was the spectacular view. It was simply breathtaking. The orchard is on the top of a mountain, and you can see both sides for miles scenes that look like they are straight out of the movies. I loved it so much I took Chip back on Saturday to check it out!!!

It just happened to be the Apple Festival on Saturday when we went back -- so it was PACKED!!!



The view from one side of the mountain - simply breathtaking!



Our little family enjoying the incredible weather!



For the festival they had this band formed by old men -- they were hilarious, singing old school songs; however, they really were good and it was fun to listen to (behind them are the grape vineyards)




This was set up for the kids to take pictures in -- so naturally we had to take a picture of little Cash in it --- he LOVED it



The view from the other side of the mountain - with Chip and Cash enjoying the view!
















Just enjoying being out with our little one (I loved watching Chip interact with Cash)

6 comments:

heather telford photography said...

It looks beautiful!!! You are such a cute little mommy!! It is hard going out and getting use to life again!! But once you do you feel so much better it least i did!! I just go places just to walk around all day now just to get out!!

Sara Stevenson said...

ilThose pictures are seriously so cute! Way to just get out and do it. PS We are blessing Roxie on Sunday this week and we were wondering if you guys could come up, Brandon wanted Chip to stand in the circle if you guys come. We are going to have a little lunch after sacrament. Our church is at 1. Just let me know if you cant come, I hope you can!

Alison B said...

i'm proud of you. I am the same way. totally shy and would much rather someone come up to me first...then you get to know me, and it's all over! ha!

Very cute pictures. That looks gorgeous!!!

Lindsey said...

I want to go to a apple orchard! I love getting out in a new place and experiencing the beauty. I feel I took advantage of the beautiful mountains in Utah and I miss them, but I Love the Green blankets of trees here and the sunsets are incredible here!

Suzie Soda said...

Good for you. It is so beautiful there...you will love the fall. Glad you are cloaser and can come up soon. xoxo

jarv said...

Playgroups are so nice for moms to get out and socialize with other adults!