Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another year older......ANOTHER race in 1 month!!!

So this birthday was awesome!!! As usual, Chip came through big time and "surprised me" bigtime! After thinking he forgot my birthday completely, having him remind me to clean all 5 toilets the morning of, not calling me AT ALL during the day, asking me again if the house was spotless before he came home, then "getting sick" so we had to go right home after my wonderful b-day dinner at The Boathouse, we arrived home to a wonderful..................
SURPRISE PARTY!!!

2 Cakes, 10 different flavors of icecream, lots of friends, and an awesome AWeSOME! gift from him! Thanks honey for not only NOT forgetting, but making it a very memorable birthday!

Also, future posts to include better pictures with my awesome new camera! (as soon as I learn how to work it)

On Saturday, the morning after the big party - I had to wake up at 5 am and get ready and leave for my race................another 1/2 Marathon! Am I crazy? I am starting to think so!
It was a little disapppointing - as I got sick at mile 4, and after mile 9 could barely make it and had to walk the last 4 miles.............Nevertheless I did complete it, although not like I wanted to! (All the icecream and b-day cake probably weren't good the night before)

I think it is time for a break from running!!! We'll see!


Birthday dinner at The Boathouse: Cash loved our food too!!! (he ate lots of my crab soup)

Our waiter made us laugh, and was charmed by Cash the whole time


I wasn't the only who was thrilled the race was over!!!
I convinced Rachel to run with me the night before.........sorry for getting sick!

My wonderful support through all the training and race day!
love my family!


4 comments:

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh I love that you got a surprise BDay party:) That sounds so fun, I really can't wait to see the pics you take with the new camera!

Brent and Britta said...

YOU ARE SO STINKING SKINNY you little 1/2 marathon running birthday momma! Hot hot HOT! So jealous of all your running adventures and so pleased that you had a wonderful birthday. I miss you so so much!

Tammy said...

you go girl! that's awesome to do a half! Who needs a break, you just need to start doing 5k or 10k races. Then maybe they won't be so hard on you. I am wishing that I could be running right now. Chad is still trying to convince me to do this crazy race with him in June.

KaLee said...

You are so good! I am very, very impressed!