Tuesday, May 12, 2009

DISASTER TRIP

When I planned my week trip down to NC last week, I definitely didn't schedule in the DISASTERS that were to occur. I was going down for a visit with friends and for a joint baby shower on Thursday. Long story short, I almost didn't even stay for it, but in the end I did and I am so glad!

Despite realizing I left my suitcase with ALL of Cash and my clothes in it on the 3rd floor of my place back home (as I pulled into my friends driveway in NC that is)
Despite I spent the first night up ALL night with a screaming child (finally I resorted to driving him around in the car at 4 am to help him go to sleep...........a first for him)
Despite I spent 5 hours figuring out insurance and in urgent care getting little man checked out
Despite him having an ear infection, starting to cut a tooth, and also having a little cold
Despite only getting 2 hours of sleep on Wednesday night as well due to sick baby
Despite not being able to work out due to clothes being in suitcase at home
Despite all that went wrong and getting packed, driving out and heading home..............I did turn around and head back and stay as I had planned (thanks to a yummy sandwich at Jimmy Johns, a Diet Coke, and a chat from my wise friend Yvonne)

Despite all that went wrong...........I had a great time seeing friends, at the baby shower, and just getting to hang out at Jens. Thanks so much Jen for hosting us - sorry for keeping you up, and next time hopefully will be much more restful at night! You are great! We loved shopping, talking, and just hanging out at your place!

the 2 preggos about to open their gifts!

Peyton, Sandy, and Wendy

Kristen and me

The whole gang - love you guys!!!

My favorite babysitter Morgan (thanks for helping so much with Cash at the shower), and Landon and Jarrett and baby Cash..........I wanted to take Landon home with me, he is the best little helper and kept me informed when Cash was crying, and told the women to be quiet when he fell asleep......not to mention picked flowers for me on his walk with Morgan! So cute!


Can't wait to visit again soon!!!! I love NC!!!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

you look great steph!

Sara Stevenson said...

Hey so we have family with us all week and my fam was here last week...crazy. But I have to tell you that you look AMAZING, seriously you inspire me to want to get back into shape and pronto:) Love ya, I'll call you when all the craziness goes away:)