Wednesday, February 10, 2010

IT'S A...............................................

It was a little like Deja Vu!
Sitting in the ultrasound room, seeing the little baby pop up on the screen
Already a thumb sucker just like Cash was!
Waving at me just like Cash!
Exactly same week (17 weeks) I found out Cash was a boy instead of a girl like they told me at 12!!
Alone as Chip was once again not able to be there with me!
As I waited anxiously, heart beating like crazy wondering if I would be able to tell!
It flashed up on the screen and I asked the nurse if it was what I thought!
She said yes!
I was prepared this time, and not super surprised!
And yet TOTALLY EXCITED!

I actually was scheduled to go in today, February 10, at 10 a.m., but I convinced the DR. to sneak me in yesterday after my appointment since I was worried about the weather!
(Good thing too because I got a call this morning at 6:45 saying the office is closed due to snow)!
Yeah, all 3 inches we got overnight and they closed the office!!!
Good thing I got in or we wouldn't have known before I leave for China this week!

I was planning on making a cake, with the icing inside for the gender we are having to tell Chip, and a bunch of friends on Wed night - but just couldn't wait to tell him or the family!
So I told them, and then had a few girlfriends over for the cute cake cutting last night!

We are SO excited! July 21 Cash will become a big brother too........

Cake with pink and blue dots!

not perfect, but pretty cute i think!
cutting it open for all to see! (and i am getting that bump already)


VERDICT!!! IT"S A BOY!!!!!!

18 comments:

Matthew and Hailey said...

Congrats! It will be so fun to have 2 little boys!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

HAHA! Awesome. And uh...what baby bump? I don't even see one. I'm 22 weeks and my belly is HUGE! Well congratulations!! Any names picked out yet?

merathon said...

what a cute way to tell everyone!

so sounds like you thought this was going to be a boy, huh? those two are going to have tons of fun together!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Congrats!!! Brothers...perfect!!! Hope ur feeling well! *cami

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We love boys!!!

Sara Stevenson said...

YAY!! That will be so fun for Cash to have a buddy. Love the cake idea too:) I'm so excited for you guys, you'll be pros at boys. Call me when you can, sorry I was doing hair the other day and forgot to call you back.

Bart and Krista said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. What a fun little buddy Cash will have!

Weed Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!! Wish I was there with you to celebrate :(

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

Congrats! What a cute idea with the cake.

Brent and Britta said...

Boys boys BOYS! Cash is going to have so much fun with a new partner in crime! Congratulations... now time to start the hunt for that name (so hard!)!

Suzie Soda said...

Congratulations! It will be easy now to take all your baby clothes to China. Can't wait to hear the name.
How fun for Cashie to have a little brother. Good Luck...wish I could have seen you before you left.
Drop me a line when you get there and post some pictures. xoxoxo

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

YAY!!! That was so fun...and so delicious! I'm so glad you get to continue to be the queen of the house :)

The Reichmans said...

Congrats on baby boy brown! That is so exciting for you. I can't believe you are leaving so soon. How are you holding up. I hope you are okay. Miss you

Lisa said...

How fun for Cash to have a little brother! We are so excited for all of you! It is nice because Cash's clothes should fit your new baby at the right season. The cake idea was really cute.

Adria said...

Yay! I'm so excited that Cash will have a little brother to play with. You'll love have 2 boys. I wish I could see you before you head off to China, but I'm thinking of you lots and I'm excited for your adventure.

Suzie Soda said...

Are you in China? Post on your blog and tell us the scoop/ xoxo

Sandy said...

Steph and Chip, we are super excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

wow, i haven't checked for awhile! What a surprise! You're preggers and having a boy! Double congrats for you. I hope you are feeling ok. Boys are the best. I am so glad I have two little rugrats together. Yours will be closer so theyll get to start their wrestling earlier. So happy for you!