Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bedtime Moves!!!

We did it - and it has been a TOTAL AWESOME success!!!
Cash moved into this cute little toddler bed and a new room on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011, and Griff moved out of our room in the Pack 'n Play and into the crib in Cash's old room the same night! Can hardly believe we have our room back to ourselves, but I must say...."why did we not do this 4 months ago?" Oh wait, because we were moving across the world, transitioning all sorts of other things, and we are just finally now getting settled back in after the travels, sicknesses, and all that and ready to actually have normal lives again....or so we think!

Anyhow, Chip decided it was also a good time to get rid of the binky for Cash. I wasn't sold on it, and so for his first nap (ie the pics below, I gave it to him). That night when Chip came home Cash handed it to him and told him he was all done with it and to throw it away. Chip did, but then picked it up later and put it in his pocket. After Chip left back to work and I tried to put Cash down for bed, he wanted it back and wouldn't go to sleep. At 11 pm he was still up - and I was going crazy. I just wanted to give it to him, but Chip came home then and convinced him that Lottso - the bear on toy story- had taken it. Hmmm......lying to your kids! Not a good idea.

Anyways, we had to lay with him til he finally fell asleep, but Chip thought it would be fine. I told him he could get up with him in the night when Cash woke up crying. He said ok. Well, at 3 am the tears began (altho now I am not so sure it was over the binky). Anyways, after 10 minutes of screaming that he wanted his mommy and no even sort of calming down - I couldn't handle it and went back in there and ended up calming him and putting him to sleep while laying on the floor. Thanks Chip for the brilliant idea!

Well, Griffin on the other hand slept from 8 pm - 7:30 am, woke up, ate, and went back to sleep til 9. He did SO great and I am thinking the crib is much more comfy than the pack'n play - that or he isn't woken up by Chip's snoring. jk!

ANyhow, the next day Chip made a deal that Cash could have a big Buzz lightyear on Saturday if he went to sleep without his binky for the rest of the week. I thought it was crazy and once again, after listening to crying for 30 minutes over his nap, gave it to him and then he took a 3 hour nap. However, he threw it away upon waking up and told Chip when he came home he was big and didn't need the binky. We'll see I thought.

Well, last night he went right to bed - with NO binky, and slept through the night and was fine. So yeah for him! I still think naps are a little tough as he is currently upstairs yelling my name - but hey - one day at a time!

He LOVES his toy story bed and we love it too. We got this cute little pottery barn bed off craigslist with the mattress on a steal of a deal, and then the cute buzz and woody comforter set at Target and I am having so much fun decorating - pics of the room to come soon!

Sleep tight my little bed bugs (and now i am off to take a nap too with them!)


2 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I'm so nervous to take away Crew's binki.... Maybe I better do it now before he gets too attached!

Suzie Soda said...

So cute. Love those binky stories. xoxo