Monday, July 18, 2011

New Do!!!

For as long as I can remember (at least the last 10 years) I have had very dark brunette hair!
Every time I get it done I have it dyed darker and sometimes with red or purple highlights. Never have I gone light, why?, because I am not a blonde! I have never thought I could pull it off and have just always seen myself having dark hair.

This summer I got a little brave (or just crazy) and decided to make a drastic change. Since I didn't want to cut it off, and that was my only other alternative to make a drastic change, I opted to try a different color. I had a friend color it, and she took it a little bit lighter, but with how dark it was I couldn't go that light. She did just as I asked and I really liked it. However, soon after I started parting my hair different and so as it grew the roots started to look really bad, and I felt it was looking brassy and decided I didn't like it anymore and, as I had always thought, I am just cut out for dark hair and should go back.

When I went back to AZ for Becky's wedding I told my Emily I just wanted to go back to my dark color and she told me she thought I would really like it if we just fixed the brassiness in it and got the roots again and just did a little work on it. She said that if I go back dark now I couldn't go light for a really long time, and convinced me to try light, because if I didn't like it then I could easily go back dark. I reluctantly said yes, and told her to just do whatever she thought would be best!!!

6 hours later, seriously my hair takes SOOOOOO long for anyone to do (and that did NOT include a cut or anything), I was done.......and a whole lot blonder than I could have ever imagined. For my blonde friends out there you might not consider me blonde still, and really it is actually light brown with highlights and stuff, but to me when I looked in the mirror for the first time I didn't know the person staring back at me. I liked it, but at the same time it didn't feel like me. Anyways, after Chip saying he liked it, other family members giving me positive feedback and a few days of getting used to it I love it and it is a very fun change. I probably will go back to my dark roots at some point, but right now I am liking the fun change!!!

Thanks Em for all the hours of hard work! I love it!


my self-shot from my phone since I had actually done it and was sending it off!
lots lighter you see!
And here I am with my sweet Griffin during Institute....pictures courtesy of my friend Cecia!
Love him!

2 comments:

hillary and britton said...

You look great!!!

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Love the new do and, once again, that cake was awesome!