Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts!!!

This weekend was full of many firsts, including:

Cash saying the dinner prayer with NO help from mommy!!!! He normally starts off the prayer, says thanks for the day, followed by "what's the next part mom". So when I asked him to say the prayer, and he preceded to do the whole thing through the amen by himself, I was in shock. He looked up afterward with a big grin and said "see mom, I am bigger now so I don't need your help!" I am SOOOOO glad he is able to do things on his own, and yet sometimes as I realize how independent he is getting I wish I could just keep him innocent and little forever! He is so pure and sweet with the biggest heart. I hope that never changes. His prayer actually brought tears to my eyes and so wanted to document it so someday he can read it. He said:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you for the food, thank you that daddy will come home safely, name of Jesus Christ Amen!" What a sweety!!!

Then, today we went to Carter mountain to pick peaches. It was Griffin's first time being there and getting a picture as the worm face in the apple (which I will post soon) and Cash getting to pick peaches and help out with that part. It was SOOOO hot so we didn't last long, but the peaches are DELICIOUS and the peach crisp I made smells heavenly!!! YUMMY!!!

Afterwards we came home and tried to put Griffin down for a nap. Normally he goes without a peep but this time I kept hearing him crying and he was making such a fuss I decided to go in and give him some oragel for his teethers. I opened the door and was surprised with another first: He was STANDING in the corner of the bed, binky was on the floor - as soon as he saw me he laughed and was jumping. It was actually a huge shock since this is my little 1 year old who can't sit up from laying down - so what had changed?! Guess he figured out how to hold to the bars and pull himself up. He has actually become extremely good at pulling himself up and walking around things this past week, so think walking might actually be in the near future. Although wishing he was napping, I was actually excited about this little accomplishment for him. We brought him down and put him on his back and made him practice sitting up on his own - and SURPRISE SURPRISE, he actually did it and now we know he can. He didn't nap at ALL today tho and is beyond tired and won't go to sleep so currently Chip is driving him in the car to fall asleep so we can then put him in his bed! That is NOT a first I want to recur ever again. I think his stuffy nose might be part of the problem since when his binky is in he can't breathe and it wakes him up, or his teeth, or his lack of naps period through the day so he is just beyond tired. Whatever it is I hope he sleeps tonight! (because last night he was up quite a bit).

So a fun weekend for us, overall pretty relaxing and some good milestones reached for my kiddos. Nothing makes me happier than seeing accomplishments from my kiddos and them being proud to tell me or their dad about them and show them!

Just a few funny things Cash has said lately too!
After I said, I just don't know where Chip is, Cash responded, "I'll find him! Chippi --- CHHHHIIIIPPPPIII - where are you?" (dad to you Cash)
Today, Cash said "mom, I am daddy's kid actually!"'
In the car Cash told Chip "you are totally funny dad! you are SO TOTALLY funny!" (hysterical)
To Griffin today, "Griffin you are such a cute little baby. You are such a sweet little baby. I just love you!"
Anytime Chip asks Cash who he loves more, mommy or daddy, he responds "I love you both"!
To mom at least 100 times a day, EVERY day! "mom.......i just love you! Mom, I think you are pretty mom!" (never gets old, and yes, he really does say this ALLLLLL the time!)
To mom after she says freaking - "mom, you shouldn't say freaking that is a bad word!" (always quick to correct me)

I love my 2 little angels and the things I learn from them! They really keep me on my toes, keep life busy, and entertain me daily with their fun little accomplishments. I am thankful I get to be their mommy!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your peaches make me jealous!!