Monday, September 17, 2012

There May Be A Reason.....

 That my pregnancy was SOOOOOO awful with this cute little Missy!!!

As I sat this last week in the waiting room to meet with the surgeon who is going to be performing my gallbladder removal surgery I started to think about all the problems and pains I had when I was pregnancy - the fact that pizza ALWAYS made me sick the ENTIRE pregnancy, (except the one time I made homemade pizza on Valentines with the kids), that I couldn't eat icecream or milkshakes the whole pregnancy and even still can't because I get very sick and have a ton of back pain and rib pain, and how I couldn't eat anything really greasy at all due to how sick it made me.  I always thought it was just all pregnancy related, and then when the back pains and episodes continued after the pregnancy saw a chiropractor who said I had 2 vertebrae out of alignment and so I was going to him 2 times a week to be adjusted - and yet the pains and episodes got worse and worse and more often and finally 2 weeks ago I landed in the ER at 2 am thinking I was dying.  It used to hurt worse on my back (probably because the baby was pushing all my organs more towards the back then), and they tried to ultrasound me at 37 weeks for stuff but couldn't see the organs there very well, and couldn't figure out why my liver enzymes and other enzymes were SO high!  Anyhow, when I woke up with severe rib and back pain and started researching it online in my bed I read about gallstones and had every symptom so thought it might be it!  Sure enough, at the ER they did an ultrasound and I have 6 gumball sized stones that are all stuck together - called cluster stones and my gallbladder has enlarged and must come out!  I have what they said was chronic stones, meaning the gallbladder isn't infected and didn't need emergency surgery, but have to get it within 2 months before it develops into that problem, or the gallbladder even explodes! (didn't know that was even possible!) 

Anyhow, I am relieved there was an explanation for this crazy pain and that it is a pretty routine surgery and can be fixed.  I can't wait to not feel like this and be able to eat greasy/fatty foods and milkshakes (ok I try not to eat that bad anyways all the time).....but I am sick of being on the no fat, no dairy diet and trying to stick to bland foods til it gets out.  The episodes are awful and usually occur at night, and I am grateful to have Vicodin to help with pain now until this thing it out.  I am a little scared since never had surgery before, but know I will feel a lot better, since most the time I feel I have a large boulder stuck in my rib cage and even though not in pain most the days I am still very uncomfortable!

But this epiphane about the pregnancy not being so bad means........................Maybe, someday, I might consider now having another darling little one like this cute gal!  MAYBE!!!! :)





We are loving having her in our family and she is so much fun now, with a lot of personality coming out!  I love her facial expressions, of which she has MANY, and have been busy with a lot of boutique-type projects after getting asked at 2 stores if I sell the headbands she is wearing or have a shop....so I am working on a bunch of stuff and just might, maybe, have a little boutique night one of these days with a bunch of creations!  I made a bunch of leggings already and Ivy looks so cute in them and so of course I had to make her a pair in each color I have!  





Loved this church outfit she wore last week!  So cute - Navy is my FAVORITE color this season!



Here she is in trying on her pink pair - gotta love baby chub, and big brother wanted to get in too!  

 I had a random lady at the fabric store ask me to buy 5 pairs of leggings, and also 5 headbands for her grandaughters so I have been busy making them!  

 Here is one headband I made for Ivy Jane: Neopoliton Swirl!

Also for my SIL wedding I made the headbands for Ivy and Adella - the dark is actually deep purple, not black, although the picture makes it look black - and they aren't on the headbands yet but they look great and I think they came out awesome!



 Heidi saw the headbands for the girls and loved them so asked me to make her hairpiece - so much fun and I wanted it to come out perfect, you can't see all the details because of the light on it but it will look so pretty on her - altho anything will because she is absolutely gorgeous and is going to be a stunning bride! Her wedding is this week - can't believe the time has went SO fast since we first started talking/planning her wedding back in May!


We had a great weekend and went to the beach all day Saturday with friends - it was SO MUCH FUN, altho TOTALLY HOT and we had a little issue with the sunscreen, and also a lost child!  
Ivy taking a nap on the sandy blanket!


 This poor little guy was a victim of his dad's sunscreen skills, or lack therof.  (altho I will say he didn't want to get sunscreen on and was moving a ton trying to run to the ocean so maybe that was part of it)  However, he came home looking like the Joker with sunburns on ALL the areas Chip missed, along with his lower back getting fried......he hasn't complained at all and luckily it is almost all gone but boy was I so sad and worried for him, especially since we will be in pictures this weekend at the wedding!

He also managed to get lost at the beach on Saturday - while his dad was on watch of him (he says he thought he was fine playing in the sand next to Cash and that I could see him) Chip decided to go swimming and the next thing I knew he had vanished.  I looked up and couldn't see him so came down to the water and asked Cash where his daddy was.  He said he thought daddy had went out for a swim and maybe had drowned!  Well, I didn't see him, but was sure he hadn't drowned and thought maybe he had taken Griff in the water either way or for a walk along the water.  I was frantic, searching both directions, looking back toward the umbrellas, and what seemed like forever although probably only about 5 minutes, I was ready to start screaming.   I turned around to go get help from the ladies under the umbrellas and that is when I saw this other lady carrying my Griffin back and stopping at each umbrella and group of people asking if this was their child!  Another lady had run over and was telling her he belonged to the group behind her when I got there!  I grabbed him, although he seemed unphased at all, and asked where he was.  She pointed down to the pier and said he was walking down there heading towards the water and she didn't see any adult with him and so she decided to follow him.  I am SO GRATEFUL for her.  He can't swim, didn't have a lifejacket, and could have been swept out to see, or taken by some crazy kidnapper, and I was SO glad he was back in my arms!  I can't begin to describe the panic in my mind and my heart racing as I was looking for him for just a few quick moments!  His dad didn't seem to be too concerned, but he was also safe in my arms when he got back from his swim!  It was quite the scare!


We got ready to cheer on our Cougars afterward and all decked out in blue for the BYU/Utah game and had friends over Saturday night......and although it was exciting in the end, the result was not what we were hoping for.  In fact, it seemed the night just got worse and worse.  Aside from the loss which is always a bummer for fans of the losing team, my sister's boyfriend Houston Reynolds got injured during the game and sprained one ankle and tore his achilles tendon on the other and so now is out for the rest of the entire season!  That is what I feel most sad about!  Injuries are NEVER fun, but the fact that the recovery is SO LONG makes it even worse!  Sad for us, and Cash was very concerned that he couldn't come out of the TV because of his injury! (trying to explain you don't get sucked into the TV when you are ton TV to him and somehow he hasn't got it yet!) 

Sunday was tiring, as I had to get the whole family ready for church while Chip was at Bishopric meetings and then had to manage all 3 kiddos alone in sacrament meeting since Chip spoke.  However, we managed, and even did pretty good with no trips out and Chip did a great job on his talk.  Afterwards, everyone was SO tired from staying up late for the game we ALL took naps!
Chip got a pic of Ivy and I enjoying our snooze!


 After we woke up we took some funny pics of ourselves per Cash's request!

Funny face time!


Then it was time for pics of little Ivy Jane looking SO cute in her church outfit!  She even smiled a bunch for me so it was a great time! 











 My happy girl!!!

Love these faces!!!  Chubby cheeks!

 Pretty as a..........button! (as Cash says)

What a great weekend!  And an exciting week ahead the wedding!


2 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Such cute hair pieces! Way to go. They look darling on her. And she is so adorable.

I got sick reading about Griff being lost. That is so, so scary!!! Thank Heavens for that lady. You need a leash for that boy.

Didn't know Kimmy had a boyfriend or that he played for BYU.

xoxo

Suzie Soda said...

Such cute pictures...she is a fashionista. xoxo