Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feb 25: A Day to Remember!!!

Well this day has been a LONG time in coming.  When Ivy was first born she was a great sleeper in the night.  From day 1 only waking up 1 or 2 times a night, and that quickly went to 1.  Then she would just eat and go back to sleep.  Somewhere along the road, however, things took a big step backwards --- maybe it was the fact we moved 2 time zones within her first 2 months of life, or maybe the fact I held her to keep her safe from her brothers and rocked her to sleep so she became spoiled, or the fact every time I seemed to be ready to sleep train her and let her figure things out she got sick and I just couldn't let her cry it out, or the fact I don't want her to wake the boys up so if it is close to 5 am or after I rush in so she won't wake everybody up and risk us all having to get up so early--- or maybe I just am too much a softy and when she cries it breaks my heart and I physically can NOT let her cry.  Whatever the reason, she came to the point where she was waking up every 3 hours and has become my worst sleeper/napper to date.  Also the boys schedules don't help the naps and so she really hasn't had a stable schedule which I believe is very crucial in having great sleepers.  Anyhow, it has been a long few months and I have been waiting and trying to figure out how to help her and what needs to be done.  She has finally figured out how to take 2 good naps during the day, and pretty much had a standard schedule of waking up sometime between midnight -1 am and then again at 5 am.  I wasn't sure how I was going to break this and then it happened.  On Feb. 25 she woke up at 3 am, and I let her cry for less than 5 minutes and she was back asleep.  Then she woke up again at 5 am and wimpered for all of 2 minutes and went back to sleep until 6:30 - so she slept from 8 pm-6:30 am.  YEAH!!!!!  I know many of your babies out there have slept longer and better and earlier and great for you!  My boys were this way and both were angel sleepers and nappers.  But for this little girly this was a HUGE accomplishment!  I am SOOOOO happy about it and hope it continues (even tho last night at 3 am she didn't stop crying until I finally fed her again....so who knows?!)!

Anyways, the last couple weeks have been a little crazy around our house.  She has had a bad cold and been a little sick and that is no fun! But it made for a LOT of holding and snuggle time for me!


She has started crawling on all fours instead of just her scoot and can pretty much get around everywhere and anywhere - and she does!  I love it that I have my first crawler!

Happy girl!


 Bathtime is a favorite around our house and even tho this was taken in Cville I can't help but LOVE the way these two are sweet to each other and appreciate the moments of them being best friends!


 She pulls herself to standing and is SO happy about doing so!  And has the cutest ruffle bum ever!

 So independent and curious!

Dressing her up for church is a favorite activity as she is such a doll!  And SOOOO happy all the time. She makes everyone smile as she pretty much has a smile on her face 24 hours a day.  I am lucky and wish I felt as happy as her this often!

Ready for her nap!

 My favorite!


 Exploring and figuring how to stand up here!


 And She is up - and even letting go of one hand!

 Can't get enough of her!

 She will be 9 months in 2 days and I can't believe how time has flown so fast from that first night of meeting her late on that Memorial Day.  I love her so much and hope she will sleep more nights in the future!!!



1 comment:

Adria said...

So cute. It makes me miss dressing up my girls when they were so little. And I miss you. How's Cali treating you?