Monday, February 11, 2013

End of January Recap!!!

This year is just flying by.  I can't believe we are already almost at Valentines Day!!! Didn't we just barely get Christmas over with?!  
The past few weeks we have been really busy with all sorts of activities!  Enjoy the pictures - all which in this post were taken by my phone so not the best quality!  Hoping to get some with my good camera soon!!!

First - Cash started Tennis and is doing great!  He loves it and wants to practice every day!  Since he is ambidextrous (truly he is - he eats left handed, writes with both, throws right handed, and bats left) he is really great at it and the coach has already commented how naturally talented he is - AWESOME!  Maybe we have a future in this sport Cashee!!!




 Of course little Griffin wants to be just like his big brother and is following suit by practicing his skills with the raquette too!  He spents most of his time throwing the ball and then chasing after it - which is pretty cute!












 I started running again with my sister-in-law Emily and this is our beautiful morning view!  Love it!  It is such a change to have nice enough weather to run outdoors in January!

Cash started a gymnastics class and is enjoying it.  Working on coordination!

 Cash is very obedient and every teacher comments how well behaved he is.  He is just one of those kids who is innately good and I love this about him!  Makes me happy to be his mom when I go to get him and the teacher always remarks how he is so good!

 This little missy is growing and is EVERYWHERE! She crawls/slithers everywhere in the house and always wants to be in on the action.  She finally slept through the night again last week, even tho we had to let her cry for about 10 minutes at around midnight.  She is SO cute and happy and sweet and is a great cheerleader to her brothers - here she is watching Cash and she was sooooo happy.  Giggling the whole time!

She has also started a new thing of scooting over to the corner of her crib and pulling her bumper down to look for me when she wakes up.  Unfortunately she also does this when she doesn't want to take naps and she is crying and it makes me so sad I can't leave her.  She cried herself to sleep today for her nap and when I went in she had her head on the bumper pad and I just felt so sad.  I hate letting her cry, even though I know she needs too.  It is true it is much easier to sleep train when they are little.  They can't cry as long or hard and can't move around.  I haven't had to sleep train before because the boys did it themselves but I am having to with Ivy and it is very hard on me! (and of course her too she things)

This is how she prefers to sleep - on her tummy with her legs tucked underneath her an dher cute little bum in the air.  I love my little valentine!


 We see some interesting fashion trends out here in LA and just thought I would share one - although you can't fully appreciate the tie-dye leggings underneath her see thru white skirt.  She was fixing it outside before she went in and I watched her put the skirt thing on which maybe is why it seemed so funny to me.  You can't see her crazy fake lashes or her nails here but they added to this awesome style watch!  



On February 8 we took Ivy to get her ears pierced.  I always said I would do it when I had a baby but actually was pretty nervous myself.  Emily helped me out and took the pictures.  Ivy did great and barely cried at all at the actual piercing.  The part she screamed about was me holding her arms and head still - that made her mad.  

Not knowing what was about to happen!

 Sorry Grammy - I know these pictures will make you sad too!  They make me really sad and I almost didn't post them but I want to document for my book at the end of the year.  She was only crying in these because I was holding her so she couldn't move - not because she was in pain.  I look angry I think - but I was actually just concentrating because it made me really sad too!

 Here she was afterwards looking absolutely beautiful.  I love her long lashes and eyes.  She is such a pretty baby!


 On Sunday I taught RS again at church and so had done my hair and had it down (which it almost never is due to my life as a mom of 3....and my laziness I suppose).  Anyhow, Ivy was being so happy and wanting to grab my phone so we snapped a few pics of ourselves.



Afterward Ivy had her favorite toy - the remote - so I snapped a few more! Love my little 8 month old!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about
piercing your dd's ears. She looks totally adorable.

This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness. In her picture with those cute earrings, she is saying “thank you” mommy for
having my ears pierced now and caring for them so I can wear pretty little earrings later.

Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com