Monday, March 10, 2014

Getaway at The Montage: Laguna Beach, CA!

So last weekend I had been looking forward to as a fun getaway with the hubby for a night and some alone, kid-free time!  Funny how much you build it up in your head and get so excited, and then when you leave you actually miss the kiddos!  I mean, it was less than 24 hours but I was ready to see them when I got home, and we talked about them a ton while away!  Life as a parent I suppose!

I had everything lined up, fun things for the kids to do, sitters and rides in place for the kiddos, and that is when I learned that no matter what you plan, stuff always comes up.  My babysitter showed up and she did not look well.  She could barely talk, was slurring her speech, her eyes were rolling backward, and she motioned that she was sick and her stomach hurt.  I realized immediately she couldn't stay with my kids for 8 hours like we had planned, but more I was really worried she needed medical help and fast.  She was really pale and couldn't walk straight and her mom couldn't even understand her when I had her call to come back and get her.  It was scary for all of us, and come to find out she was having a seizure as a result of a reaction to some sleep meds she was taking.  Good thing she got to the ER.  It scared me super bad and I am just glad she is ok.  

So numerous phone calls were made and fast switching on my part, and I still left only 30 minutes later than planned to get on the road and on my way to paradise!  Stressful, but successful :)

Got down there and it was GORGEOUS, and SO NICE to just be with Chip and get to enjoy our time alone.  We hiked on the coves of Laguna, the private beaches were great, lounged by the pool eating chips and guacamole, rested and took naps before dinner, had a lovely romantic dinner of sushi and mongolian beef, got delicious gelato at the most amazing place, and just enjoyed each other's company without interruption.  It was so fantastic I wish we could go again this weekend!
Enjoy the pics!






The Montage resort and Spa is behind CHip - he was on a very important business call when we first were venturing out so I took advantage and took the pics, including him in them even if he was on a call!


 Amazing beaches! (and yes I live by the beach but this one was even better!)


 Private beach we found - Chip was on another call :)



The only pics we had taken for us on our trip - So fun!


 Relaxing poolside just lounging was amazing - altho when i saw a family with little kids we both said how it would be fun to bring the kids here and how much they would love it!

 The salsa we didn't care for, but the guac was amazing!  And the service here was the best we have ever had.  Really people were CONSTANTLY asking if we needed anything or how they could help us and were so friendly and nice!

 We had a funny dinner experience, ditching a different place we originally had made reservations at because it didn't look as good as the place we passed walking there so we came to Starfish instead, and it didn't disappoint!  The sushi was great (very spicy) and the mongolian beef was so yummy too!  Great time!  Fun atmosphere!


 In the morning we went on a hike to that big rock out there - upon going we found a sign saying you couldn't climb it like we planned but we walked all around it and that was fun too!






 Chip on another important call - I enjoyed taking more pics - SO bummed I left my camera at home so only had my phone but still the place was pretty amazing to capture with pics!


 The only selfie we took! 

 The waves were huge and fun to watch!


My handsome honey int he arch!

 View of the pool from above!  Gorgeous paradise!

We left to get back around noon and then we had ward temple day.  Chip stayed home with the kids so I could attend and it was a great way to end my day.  

Yesterday at church this little girl was dressed just like me - in black and white!  funny how that happens all the time - where I just unconciously put everyone in the same colors!  So we were twins! I didn't take a pic of us together but Ivy was too cute not to take one of - LOVE this new little outfit



Great weekend and the only thing I wish is that we could repeat it again next weekend:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the pictures!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! Your pictures of the waves look like they should be on postcards! :)