Tuesday, March 4, 2014

In Like A Lion......

So March came in like a lion in many ways!  First, because it has done nothing but rain here in sunny SoCal since March began (which I LOVE)!  Second, because it came before I was ready to be done with February and can't believe the year is flying along!  And third, because I am SO BEHIND in blogging and can't seem to get anything under control and caught up on in my life these days - you might wonder what I AM doing - and I am not sure I could answer to make it seem like I am so busy, but I feel busy and so haven't posted many a pic from February!  I am doing a random post full of random pics to document the past few weeks! 
Enjoy!

First, the weekend of Valentines I got SO SICK with the worst Headcold/FLU I have ever had in my life!  To make it worse - Chip was also sick and so with both parents out that makes life hard on everyone!  The kids managed to escape with just getting colds, and we just can't seem to keep a cough or runny nose from affecting someone at ALL times in the house!  When I was sick - of course it was our family's turn to clean the church, I was supposed to teach RS, and Chip was leaving on Sunday for a business trip on Sunday!  Chip felt good enough to go and left, we cleaned the church even tho we all felt crummy and the other families who were supposed to help us didn't show up (at least our kids had fun right?!), and I ended up getting a friend to sub very last minute in RS and moved my lesson to the next week!  Not only did she sub for me, but she showed up after church with chicken noodle soup, the tissue box, coughdrops, and homemade ice cream sandwiches which were a huge hit!  Talk about score in the friend department!  She is amazing!!!!  I was so grateful for this kind gesture!

 Once I was feeling better it has been back to healthy eating and this is one of my favorite meals - spinach, tomatoes, feta, turkey bacon (lean), and home made balsamic dressing!  So yummy!

 This little girl likes to put herself in timeout when the boys are having to go to the corner - only she only likes this one corner! She gets mad and kicks them out if they go here!

Another yummy meal is this yams, brussel sprouts - Cash's favorite veggie - and grilled chicken!  So delicious!

 When both Cash and Griffin happened to be at school at the same time this diva girl and I did what girls do best - went shopping!  Had a BLAST!!!  LOVE that she loves dressing up and getting all dolled up!



 Another favorite is tacos at our house - and this has avocado, spinach, salsa, and is on a whole wheat flat bread tortilla that is only 100 cals at Costco!  Then, delicious carrots steamed and then sauteed in a little coconut oil and rosemary - Griffin and Ivy LOVE them!


 When I don't want to be quite so healthy we have really fallen in love with going to Menchies or Pink Berry and getting the yummy frozen yogurt - EVERYONE loves this! Great family time!

 Pineapple and Mango are my favorites right now!

 I made this cake for RS and served it with my lesson - didn't actually take a pic of the whole thing but it was beautiful and delicious!  (and very not healthy but I indulged anyways!)

 Been doing a new workout program with much heavier weights and for the first time I am starting to see some definition in my arms and am loving it!  My shoes are cute but not the most cushiony - i love my asics and sauconys and will for sure be going back!

 We have enjoyed the park play dates with our ward when it isn't raining!  Ivy LOVES the swings and will sit there all day, and Griffin loves to push her and makes her laugh hard so it is a fun combo!

 I love the pic on the right even tho you can't fully see her because she looks like her cousin Adella in it!

 Piggies at the park - had to document - so cute!







 In her corner again! Defending it!

 I have had enough rummaging and tangling of all my necklaces in the drawer and have been meaning to buy a board and knobs from hobby lobby and do up something like this - so when we were out at Home Goods and saw these already done I knew I must take them home with me!  You could say I love pearls just a little - right?!  I went a little crazy when we lived in Beijing and they are my favorites, and since I had so many had to buy 2 shelves to hold it all!  The first night after I hung these the top shelf came crashing down at midnight to scare Chip and I half to death - so the next day he went and got me the correct screws to put them in and is fixing them for me!  Good hubby! (especially cuz he didn't get too mad after seeing how many nail holes I had put in the wall prior to getting them hung the first time!)

 This little one LOVES to climb and is always on everything scaring me, but having fun while waiting for Cash at school!

 Feels like yesterday I was going on walks with Cash and Griffin in this stroller when I was pregnant with Ivy, and now lookey!  Crazy how fast time flies!

 Her piggies and vest and outfit demanded a few pics - too bad they weren't in good lighting or great but I loved her look this day!



 During a rainy afternoon we had hot chocolate - the boys wouldn't smile or look for a pic but Ivy was happy to oblige!  Yummy!



 Here is the little diva, showing her sporty side in her brother's hat and also trying to be a big girl!  She frequently asks to go potty on the toilet and whines til I put her up!  I maybe should be more excited that she wants to but am just not ready to potty train her yet!  She is only 1.5 still!  Growing up!

 Started my Book of Mormon reading for March and will complete the book again in 31 days.  Always makes March great!

And finally, this morning she cried and cried until we let her baby sit and eat with her for her breakfast!  She is such a little mother and absolutely ADORES babies!  Very sweet and loving!


Happy March 4th!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all of the pictures and getting to see what is going on!! They are growing up too fast!!