Thursday, September 11, 2014

Our Drive, Arriving Home, Park and Beach, Ants, a Birthday, and a Hurt Finger!

Us when we finally got loaded up and set off for our drive home from AZ to Cali!!!  We were ready to see our dad!


 I got bored along the road so did a few bicep curls on each arm - 500 per arm to be exact - and then 500 leg lifts per leg - helped keep me awake on the boring partys;)

 Of course we were welcomed to Cali by the thing I HATE most - THE TRAFFIC - which NEVER goes away no matter the time of day or night or whatever - IT IS ALWAYS HORRENDOUS!!!

 Upon arriving home the first things the kids wanted to do after saying hi to dad was to go to our old house to say hi to George and Billy - good thing it was only a street over!

 We managed to go to the park for a few and take a break from the unpacking and HOT house!


 My cute sweet Cashee had a birthday on Monday, August 18, and he was so sweet.  The following conversation took place the night before on Sunday after his daddy had left for the airport.  
Mom: Cash - what kind of cake do you want for your birthday?
Cash:  well, you are probably going to be stressed from the unpacking, and tired - too tired to make a cake huh mom?  But that is ok - probably you shouldn't make me one of your special cakes and probably I should just have a chocolate cake cuz that would be easier - right mom?!  
Like I could just have the chocolate cake from Costco!

(Tears welling up in my eyes that he couldn't see altho I was SOOOOO grateful for him to be so sweet since I didn't even have my pans unpacked or anything around the house that I would have been able to use to make a cake or anything. He made my week with this cute and sweet and such a selfless request.  And the Chocolate cake from Costco is a favorite at our house and didn't disappoint I might add!)

For his special day we actually were staying at the Walters while they were in Hawaii and since we didn't have power or internet or anything set up at our place and dad was out of town.  We got chic -file, and Cash had taco bell since that is what he wanted, and we had George and Billy over for cake and icecream and singing.  It was yummy and I am sooooo happy this little boy is mine!
The past 6 years have flown by but been filled with so much love, fun, adventure, and sweet moments with him.  He is super smart, so kind and sweet and caring towards others, a great big brother, a super great friend, and has the funniest laugh ever.  We love Cashalito!









 The next day as we were unpacking Griff managed to slam Ivy's finger in the bathroom door.  NEVER before have I seen a finger so flattened and mangled looking.  I was really worried she broke it, but as I have learned fingers are resilient, especially kids, and she could bend it and move it and so we determined it wasn't broken.  It was SOOOOO sad tho and I cried and held her for a long time that morning and didn't say no to any request to hold her for the rest of the day.  You feel so helpless when your baby is crying and in pain and I just wanted to take it away.  She is tough tho and wouldn't let me even touch it or look at it much for the first bit. (maybe she was more scared not so sure) but she is fine and uses it fine now so glad she is ok!





 We had to take some breaks from packing and enjoy the beach with friends - made the days more bearable!!!  Good to be back by our dear friend Mr. Ocean!



 One thing we weren't planning on was the nasty ant infestation that we faced moving in.  Seems like they were EVERYWHERE and I was determined to get a handle on them and get rid of them once and for all.  I finally found a spray that worked instantly and then we also used the TERRO on the cards and hoping to never see these things again.  Man they are annoying!!!!


We are finally feeling like we are unpacked (mostly) and settling in - altho it is SOOOOOO HOTTTT in the house every day it is pretty unbearable - the people who decided not to put AC in the houses here obviously didn't live here in August or September!  Also, they put the rooms on the wrong side of the house so no ocean breeze can even make it in - makes for hot nights.  We are grateful to have an ac unit in our bedroom now and fans in the kids rooms to help, but we are HOT!

Bring on the fall!

No comments: