Saturday, October 27, 2007

I HAVE ABSENTitis!!!

Currently I am sitting on my couch. I have watched every new episode of all the shows I TVOd this last week already (and some twice) -, I have CLEaNEd the house, done the laundry, emptied the DISHWASHER, and prepared my YW lesson for tomorrow. I ran in a race this morning for the "FIGHT FOR DIABETES" with my work group, came home and lifted some weights, took a bath, and read a magazine. So I should be HAPPY and feel pretty good right? But right now, at 3:39 pm, I don't feel that way. I feel a little empty and sICk -- and from my many medical classes and internships at the hospital I learned enough that I think I can accurately self-diagnose my problem. I have ABSENTITIS!! This is a disease where you get all anxious, can't concentrate on really anything, only have one thing on your mind, and are pretty much going crazy because of the Lack of seeing your spouse all week long. You might experience feeling like you are back in the "single life", with the feelings of emptiness like after a rough breakup, where you just know you can't move on and are waiting for that TRUE LOVE - that "ONE & ONLY" to come back into your life. And you know they will....because that's how it is in the movies - right? but it feels like way too long, and the minutes are moving slower and slower, and you just want to call them every 5 minutes and say, "are you coming home yet?" - similiar to when you were young and asked "are we there yet" in the car - to which they respond: "honey, i will be home quicker if you stop calling me and let me finish my work".

The side effects of this disease are: going a little crazy, extreme boredom that leads to a headache, and the occurrence of going on-line shopping and spending A LOT of money on a new wardrobe to make you feel better (don't look at the credit card bill yet honey!!!)

I don't want to complain, as I know I was signing up for this when I chose to marry Chip. And I encouraged him to apply for this dream job of his in the investment banking industry. But I am a little bit sad that I have seen him less than 1 hour all week (no exaggeration) and he will be at the office until late LATE tonight (after 11). Since I can't see him right now, I figured I would post a picture of him to remind myself how things used to be - when we actually got to eat dinner together and saw each other during the light of day. I could actually cook for him back then and plan on him getting off and showing up for dinner. I Miss those days, and sort of wish we were back at school so I could have him back. I do appreciate his very hard work, however, to support us and his desire to do well and excel in his job!!! I love you my little work-aHoLIc!!!

Oh, but one thing I don't have is a cure for this disease. If any of you have a remedy for this illness please prescribe it for me? Give me a cure please, will you????



My cute husband on Valentines, when I prepared a surprise dinner.....yummy steak!

14 comments:

Jess Perry said...

That has been me. My husband was out of town for 1 1/2 weeks to Germany so I couldn't even talk to him on the phone. I am sorry...I feel for you. I wish I had some great suggestions, but I don't. Find a good book to read or plan lots with friends!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Steph - I can feel your pain...Cam is half way into his second year of Residency and instead of working 100 hours a week like last year, now he is only working 85-90, so much better...and at the pay rate of $9 an hour...I feel your sickness daily! There are a few remedy's I can think of:
Rx Especially for you by a Labor & Delivery Nurse:
1. Get pregnant because then you will have something else to complain about (sickness! :)
2. Get pregnant because after you deliver you will have someone to play with...or at least to fed and change their diapers.
3. It's winter so start doing something humanitarian like...start a group to make blankets or those knit hats for homeless shelters.
4. Start a book club.
5. Get a boyfriend (totally JK!!!)
6. Or do like me...buy some ice cream, watch your shoes again, and then take a Tylenol PM to help you go to sleep!
..Follow all directions at once for at least ten days.
Let me know how it turns out!
Luv Cami

Brent and Britta said...

I agree with having a good book - that always helps. Also, use a picture of your husband as the book marker, so you look forward to reading cause you'll see him. And... KEEP SHOPPING ONLINE! Fun fun fun!

The Reichmans said...

steph I am so sorry that it is so bad-i can't wait for you to come out to Utah! Hopefully it will cure some of your loneliness. Whenever pete leaves and I feel bad for myself I started buying stuff on the internet-it isn't the best habit, but it made me feel somewhat better.

Steve and Amanda said...

I guess I won't complain when my husband get home at 8pm on a Friday night then!!! My kids help me, but noone can take their place!!!

Fuller Family said...

I am laughing at Cami right now Steph! Hysterical- I agree that children do help with entertainment! I am so sorry you are having to deal with him being gone all of the time. That is a tough job! We had friends who were in the same situation, and he worked LONG HOURS! I feel for you! Hang in there, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, call me! I am always around.

Corinne said...

I can honestly say that I know you aren't exaggerating...I have heard that investment banking is tough! I am so sorry...you could convince Chip to go back to school and then you might see him a little more often, but not much. When I see Johny, its only the back of his head because he is always studying and has his nose in his lap top. But at least he is home! It's hard not being able to look forward to the weekends too! Hang in there!

Fuller Family said...

I would love to see you. Email me when you get a chance, and I will give you my phone number and all of that stuff. So exciting! I was cracking up at your dream! You must have known!!
Luv Ya

angiefuller3@gmail.com

The Red Crew said...

Steph!This is Carly Red. I have been meaning to get your number from your mom b/c i never saved yours when you called. I finally found your blog through a long chain and its so fun to see how you are and where you live. Your house is fabulous! I want to chat so call me again and i'll save your number this time! FYI, Eric and I have a new blog, which will never compare with yours, theredcrew.blogspot.com We miss you!

Treat Queen said...

Find a friend to spend time with, or go serve someone with different problems. Takes your mind off your own.

jarv said...

I wish I had a cure for your disease because I need it too. I think that's what happens when you marry an accountant! Jeff's going to be out of town for almost the whole month and I'm already going through husband withdrawls. The only things that work for me is projects, exercise, babysitters, staying really busy, treats, and my cell phone!

paigeandbryce said...

Hey Stephanie,
How are you guys doing? I saw you on Lindsey's blog so I added you to mine...I hope that's okay (if it's not, just let me know). Check us out at paigeandbryce.blogspot.com

Love,
Paige

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

You've got to try harder to keep up...Cami :)

Jeff Jardine said...

Time to have a baby