Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MY TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO-GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!!!

What makes a day BAD enough to warrant a title like this?
1. Getting to the airport and finding out the FLIghT is delayed 1 hour.
2. Waiting an hour and then learning the plane is now delayed 2 hours.

3. Waiting and realizing after 3.5 hours there is no telling when we will get off the ground.
4. Finally loading the plane 4 hours late, and having the pilot say to sit back and relax because he broke a switch in the cockpit and we have to wait for a mechanic.

5. Not leaving until 45 minutes after sitting on the runway in a fully
loaded, smelley airplane.
6. Not being able to get up to go to the bathroom because the girl in the aisle seat has all her work stuff out and it is just "too much hassle" for me or the other guy to make her move.
7. Missing my connecting flight in Chicago.
8. Dealing with the airline folks after finding out my luggage is lost!

9. Arriving in Raleigh at 10 pm (4 hours after originally scheduled)

10. Trying to find my luggage, and then finding out the zipper on it has been broken off so that I can't even open the suitcase at all
!
11. Having to then drive 3 hours to get back to Charlotte to my wonderful husband and house!
12. And the last straw.....getting pulled over by a policeman and getting a ticket!!!!! Could it get any worse?

However, in the end, I did make it home (at 2 am), saw my husband, and got to sleep in my own bed. So the day did end on a good note!

By the way, my trip to Utah was great and SO much fun!!!! I had a blast with my family, seeing friends, and just getting a break from the mundane work life back in NC. I will post pictures soon!

11 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

Poor baby! That is awful. I would have cried. I hate traveling alone... I just can't handle it.

Lisa said...

I am sorry you had such a horrible time getting home. The plane part was bad enough and then to have it end with a ticket. When you have a chance I would love to see pictures of the dress you designed for Kim!

Jessica Brown said...

Oh man Steph. That does sound like the worst day. I'm glad its over.

Treat Queen said...

That is an awful trip!! See you weren't supposed to leave Utah ;-)
It was great seeing you! I have missed you.

Suzie Soda said...

Sounds like a trip I have been on before.Glad you had fun and are home safe and sound. Call me or ai will call you and catch up. Love, suz

Jess Perry said...

Oh you poor thing. That is an awfully horrible long day. I hate so bad when planes are delayed and behind schedule. It is absolutely horrible! But I am glad you had a fun trip!! One of these times when you are in Utah we will all have to go to lunch. Me, you, Angie, Lindsay, Anne and just girls from highschool. That would be a blast!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

TOTALLY BRUTAL Steph! Glad you are back home...traveling bites! Hope you got some good rest before getting back into work :) Cami

The Reichmans said...

Oh my goodness that was quite the journey! I am so sorry that things didn't go well, but glad that eventually you made it home safely!

Phyllis said...

But it sure was nice to have you home for a week!!!
Miss you already.
Mom

Maurine said...

Wow Steph that sounds like it was annoying. I am sad I couldn't come watch Bachelor with you guys when you were here. Who do you think will win? I think it is going to be Jenny.

jarv said...

That sucks! Next time I have a bad day I'll just read your post again and maybe I'll feel better about my day. By the way everything you said about the bachelor I agree with! I am also lucky enough to be living my fairytale ending too!