Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Chip!!!


One year older and wiser too!!!! Chip turned 28 this year on Monday, November 26th. It was a little anti-climatic since the last of our company from Thanksgiving left Monday morning. It was going to be hard to top last year's surprise party I gave him where we had over 40 people show up, I did all the cooking, and he was 100% totally surprised. So I decided, since I didn't know his schedule of when he would get home, I would just do something a little more intimate and celebrate with just the 2 of us.

It ended up being great - I would have liked to go to a nice hotel and have the whole weekend to spend at a spa, relaxing, and sipping strawberry daquiris, but as that wasn't an option, I decided to create our very own "fantasy suite" and create our own spa-like retreat at our house. I decorated the room, made a chocolate/peppermint cake and chocolate dipped strawberries, and got a few presents together. It was nice, and he even got off at 9 pm so we actually had a little evening to enjoy.

He has a tradition in getting me presents that he actually wants for himself, and so I decided to do that for him this year....and I got him ELF, my most favorite Christmas movie, and one we will watch tomorrow on the 1st to kick off our Christmas activities, after we set up our tree and decorations! I love you Chip - and wish this year to be even better than last!

2 comments:

Jeff Jardine said...

Happy Bday Chip! We wish we coulda stayed around to celebrate, but looks like Steph took care of you very nicely;) Man, we still owe you a dinner to Guru's-remember that was the cover to get you to your super supper soup surprise party:) Steph made such yummy soups! Don't work too hard...!

Jess Perry said...

Happy late Birthday Chip! Steph you are such a good wife and take care of him! You look so happy!