Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BEST DR. APPOINTMENT EVER!!!


So today I had my 26 week checkup! I wasn't super excited since it was going to be my FIRST one that I didn't have an ultrasound at! In fact, I was dreading it because last time the Dr. told me I had already gained a lot of weight and I should take it easy. So all I had to look forward to was getting back on that scale and seeing how much the numbers went up this time.....................blah! HOWEVER, for the FIRST TIME EVER at the Dr. office I actually LOST weight! 5 lbs. to be exact!
Guess eating healthy and adding a little exercise back into my life really DOES make a difference! It is possible for a pregnant lady to lose weight! What a great day and early birthday present to myself......now tomorrow, bring on the birthday cake!!!!

5 comments:

merathon said...

oh, the dreaded scale. why does it torture us so? congrats on getting back on the healthy train! i have an appt tomorrow-- i wonder if i can be so lucky. . .

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHIE!!! I didn't get your card in the mail, but I figure I can come out in November and we can celebrate then, just like old time! I Love Love LOVE you! Have a great birthday, talk to ya soon!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Happy birthday! That's amazing that you LOST weight. I've only heard of that happening in the first trimester for women who have lots of morning sickness. You go girl!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Steph! I always dreaded going on the scales too. It would be exciting to find out you had lost some. I never had that pleasure, it was a steady weight gain for me.

Courtney said...

I am really impressed and want to make you my new icon (I don't know what it was before you... maybe food or the flower outside my house?). Happy birthday old woman and let me know how baby courtney is doing!