Saturday, May 3, 2008

April 26, 2006 vs. April 6, 2008

April 26, 2006: We were getting married in the SLC Temple. The grounds were Beautiful and we couldn't ask for better weather! Check out the blossoms and flowers!



April 26, 2008: We were in DC at the temple, once again enjoying the beautiful grounds and pretty flowers. (However, the humidity made the weather not quite as nice - altho pregnancy could be blamed for part of that too - it was 88 degrees and totally humid, even at 9 a.m.)






2 years have flown by, and yet so much has changed: We have graduated from college, moved across the country, bought a new house, bought a new car, got new jobs, got new church callings, and finally the biggest change - we are on our way to adding a new little guy to our family - which for me also accounts for the large change in my physique accounted for above in the photos!

With all these changes, I could NOT imagine sharing each milestone without my sweetheart! So Chip, thanks for a wonderful 2 years - I truly do find myself more in love with you each day! I can't wait for our even bigger adventure to come this summer when we will add a little spirit to our home! Being in the temple on our anniversary definitely made me reflect on our marriage, the convenants we made, and the wonderful promise of being able to live together for forever! I am SO grateful for Eternal Marriage, and the chance I have to not just have had these 2 years, but to spend eternity with you! Thanks for making this trip possible - it was a Great Anniversary!


We were actually able to go up Friday and stay with our friends the Stevensons (Sara is in the picture above with me - she is due a week before I am)! It was so good to hang out with them again - reminders of last summer in Charlotte when they lived by us! Then, we went out to dinner with some great friends to a FANTASTIC restaurant - Vapianos - which I fell in love with and have craved every day since then. However, there are only 14 of these restaurants in the world, and DC is the only place in the USA that has one - so if you go visit there then this restaurant is a MUST! Thanks Cady and Jeff for taking us there, and also for Dave and Becca for meeting us there! It was great to have a little reunion and see how everyone is doing!!!


So everyone has said I haven't gained weight in my face at all: this picture says otherwise -- holy fat face!!!


Then, to top off the weekend we went down to Richmond to attend one of my Best Friend's homecomings from her mission to Brazil! Jenny is the reason I graduated from the Macc. In fact, she was the BEST tutor ever, also was there the first night Chip and I hung out, was along for the ride with me as I fell in love with Chip, never stops smiling, and is a best friend to all she meets! It was SO great to see her and have her back (even if she is at BYU already for Spring)! I can't wait for her to come visit us this summer!



At Jenny's for a delicious Sunday dinner and visit after her awesome talk!




15 comments:

Treat Queen said...

Thanks for posting pics of you!! I was missing seeing you, even if its only in pictures.

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh that was a really cute post!:) Althought you could have left out the picture with me in it...gotta love being prego right?! Now we just need to figure out when we can come down and see you guys! Love ya!

heather telford photography said...

I am so excited for you to have your little baby!! It is honestly the most amazing thing in the WORLD to be a mommy!! You have something SO special to look forward to! You look great by the way! I gained 60 pds with this pregnancy and 30 came off already so enjoy this time!!

Hilary said...

Soo good to see you on your blog. WoW, a lot can change in 2 years, huh? I am excited to see your cute little baby soon as well. Oh man I am baby hungry.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember what a beautiful day it was. I am so glad that you were able to make the trip to D.C. It was great to see pictures of your cute pregnant belly!

Lindsey Lee said...

happy 2 years!! SO exciting! By the way, i LOVE LOVE your wedding dress. The brown on white is awesome! Anywho, for my spinach smoothies, i throw in a handful of spinach, a banana, 1/2 can frozen OJ, can pineapple chunks (minus juice), vanilla yogurt, soy milk, bluberries. You can throw in whatever you want really!!

Loquacious Leslie said...

Wow, life changes so fast!! You look beautiful and happy. Congratulations on 2 great years!

heather telford photography said...

I think it was a TON of water weight!! I just remember thinking there was no hope when i was 9 months pregnant but really between the baby and all the stuff inside of you the first comes off fast its this last 30 that i think ill never loose!! :) Ha! Ha!

Courtney said...

Umm... that was pretty damn special. I cried. Now, maybe you should look more carefully because I DID add you as a blogging friend. You're Steph and Chip. Or did you forget? Pregnancy...

Suzie Soda said...

Ok ...loved this post but we didnt' even get a mention.....not even Richmond also with my favorite aunt Suzie's for pancakes :) That's ok.....love you anyway.The pic's are very cute. Happy Anniveraary!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great anniversary!! Its fun to see pictures of your prego belly!!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Hey! I got the onsesie from a baby boutique called Sweet Age on Val Vista and Baseline. I think it was about $30. I tried to find it online but couldn't. I did find a similar one though for only $12. Go to mamamonkey.com and in the search bar type "Dr. Pooper" and it should bring it up. Hope that helps!!

jarv said...

Congratulations 2 years that's exciting! I can't wait to see your little guy. I can't remember when you are due and I'm way past school so figuring out the little baby chart with the days on it seems like too much effort!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

can i just say that pic of you and chip at the top is really, really AMAZING...i mean one of the best at the SLC temple i think i have ever seen, beautiful! speaking of amazing, you look super cute miss prego! luv cami
ps got the up date goin for you :)