Friday, May 16, 2008

MARTHA STEWART BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was the big 27! And it started off bright and early at 5:45 when Chip got up to see me off to work and give me my birthday surprise!!! He had taken my present out of the box and placed it on the island wrapped solely by a towel sitting on top of it ---- pretty creative wrapping for this awkward-shaped gift i thought!

Anyhow, I pulled off the towel to find my very own SEWING MACHINE!!! WOW!! He was super sneaky about getting it, completely misled me about what he was going to do, researched it by talking to him mom (the super sewing lady) and my mom, and picked it out all by himself! I am SO excited to get going on all my projects I want to do. First on the list: BABY BEDDING- yeah that's right, I am designing my own stuff and will be making it myself! Next, pillows for our family room! Third, learning to sew dance dresses for my sister Kimmi that I have designed, and finally, learning how to alter clothes for my husband - who is constantly wanting things hemmed, taken in, more fitted, etc. etc. I think he will appreciate this gift in the future as much as I do now! Let the creativity begin!!!!

Little preview of the room colors and fabric for my first blanket!


Thanks honey for the great present!!! Also, for getting off work at an hour when I was still awake to spend a little time together on my birthday!



At work I got a birthday cake, card, and even sang to from my team. I thought I would post a few pics Taheera took so you could see the updated baby bump -- since I haven't taken any other pictures of myself! So here I am - 27 years old, 6.5 months prego, and happy as can be!!!






My catering skills came in great to cut this! Tasted Divine!





Here is the bump - growing every day!!!



Thanks to all the rest of you friends and family who called, texted, and sent birthday wishes as well! It was a day of many phone calls and catching up, and that made it even better!

7 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

K quit trying to brag (ha, ha!)about losing 5 pounds or i will knock you out...only jealous becuase in the end i was like a beast gaining 5 or more a week, yikers! You are so cute prego Steph - happiest birthday and i luv your husband for getting you a sewing machine! i am so excited for you, cant wait to see all the projects :) cami

Suzie Soda said...

Happy Belated Birthday...would have called and sang but I didn't know. A sewing machine waas a great present...cute pics. xoxoxo

paul brown said...

Setph-
that baby widget is kinda creepy. I know its my little nephew but right now he looks like a space alien.

Jess Perry said...

hAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! gLAD YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!

Loquacious Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!! You are getting smarter and more beautiful every day!

jarv said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is a sweet present. Jeff got me a sewing machine for our anniversary and I was so excited I could finally do all my projects. A word of caution, don't let too many people know you sew or you will never get around to doing your own projects!

Maurine said...

Happy Birthday Steph!!! You are looking great.