Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Being A Mommy Aint Always Easy

We are back from our great trip to Utah (pics to come soon)! However, both Cash and I returned with bad colds. This means that he isn't his normal happy self, and although he isn't too fussy either, things could definitely be going better today.

So far we have experienced:
Cash spitting up huge 3 times - 1 time right down my shirt onto my bare skin - SO GROSS!!!

1 major blowout - I knew he was messing his pants so decided to take his clothes off and lay him on the changing table to finish, except when I grabbed his leg to pull it out of his jammies I got poop all over my hand -- I was already too late!!!
A bathtime experience he didn't enjoy
Refusing to nurse once again - bad for both baby and mommy
3 very VERY short naps
1 Exhausted mommy


All of this and yet still he looks up at me and smiles as if nothing is wrong, which although frustrating can't help but bring a smile to my face as well!!! May we both get better SOON!!!

10 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

Oh the joys. I really don't think you can escape motherhood with some really fantastic poop stories. My mom has some real doozies! But I do wish a speedy return of good health to you all!

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh you gotta love that..:) I want to hear all about UT call when you can. Love ya

Phyllis said...

Sorry you had all those things going on. Gotta love being a mom!!! It's all worth it in the end. We sure miss you here. Can't help but listen for Cash's little cry. Oh, well. Come again soon!!!!

Alison B said...

oh, not fun. nothing worse than a blowout!!! oh, ya, wait, did you read my last post?? poop in the tub. no good. Being a mom is messy!!! you never texted me the other day...still waiting!!! :)

Lisa said...

I am sorry that you came home sick. I hope you guys feel better soon. It was so much fun seeing you! I loved being able to hold little Cash and see him smile and blow spit bubbles.

Christine said...

been there done that...ah the joys of motherhood! So i love how you do all the fancy typing and color changes...so cute...i need to try that out one day.

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

OH man sick babies suck. I mean...it sucks when they are sick. Ryder is still so good too but when they are ANGELS all the time and then get a little bit fussy it's like...hard to deal with sometimes. Hope you're feeling better.

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

hey i just went private so i need your e-mail if you wanna keep checking my blog.

Suzie Soda said...

Hope you feel better soon. xoxoxo

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

He is so cute! Cant wait to meet him...I know Cohen is a lot easier to take care of when he's in my belly but I cant wait for him to get here :)