Monday, November 24, 2008

I Am Grateful For.......

VISITING TEACHERS

Last week the highlight for me was the 2 hours I got to spend being visit taught. I am grateful for 2 girls who probably have no idea how much it meant to me to be visited and get to interact with other adults and meet some people out here. Living in a new place with a small baby and not much interaction with society lately has made life a little lonely for me here at the Brown home. I am grateful this day for a church that has such wonderful organizations and programs as the visiting teaching program that allows us to interact and serve one another in small ways, but yet ones that truly do make a difference.

I am grateful for many other things, but today feel especially grateful for my wonderful visiting teachers who fulfilled their calling and truly made a difference in my life this week! It has been a huge blessing for me!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry your still getting acclimated to your new area.
When exactly are you guys going to be here in December?

I can't imagine a 2 hour visit from my visiting teachers. Probably because I don't even know who they are :-)
That's a long time!!!

Lisa said...

Visiting teachers really are a blessing! I love going visiting teaching. The girls I teach are so nice and we always have fun just talking. I am glad that you are getting to know your ward better. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Phyllis said...

Yes, VTs make a difference. the same thing happened to me when I moved from SLC to Provo, and I was so lonely, even with 5 kids! It was Amy King and Ruth Rogers, and I had never felt the need for VTs before. But I practically cried when they left, I loved talking so much. They saved my sanity.

Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phyllis said...

oops, didn't mean to put that on twice. I thought it deleted my first one. Oh well. Now it's more emphatic!!!!