Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to Late Nights and No Sleep!!!

I decided at 10 p.m. last Monday to head down to NC for the week while Chip was gone to San Francisco for a few days on business. My plans originally were to go up to DC, but after they fell through, and I talked to my good friend Jen she quickly convinced me the best idea was to come there! I am so glad I did as it was one of the most fun weeks I have had in a long time! Every day was packed with fun things, with even later nights, and not much sleep, but it was SO FUN!!! Thank you Holls for always letting us stay at your house and being such great friends! We always have a blast with you! Chip was able to fly down Friday night and so we got to stay the whole weekend and just got home yesterday - feels like we almost still live there sometimes!!! Here is a list of what the week consisted of (since I don't have pictures cuz my camera battery died)!!!

Tuesday: Kick off to American Idol

Wednesday: Hip Hop dance class with YW taught by Jen (So fun - video to come soon)

Thursday: Hot Chocolate and Games at Enrichment - great girls night!!!

Friday: Bride Wars movie, husbands fly in, The Office, and late night chat til past 1 am

Saturday: Basketball game at the church, dinner and Salsa dancing to celebrate the big 30 for Iris

Sunday: Cafe Rio food with friends, Cardinals winning and getting place in Superbowl (yeah), delicious brownie sundaes, and very fun LATE LATE night card game with the crew!!!

Monday: Shopping at Concord Mills at Banana Outlet, 5 guys, and return home

Every night it was after 1 a.m. before we got to bed, but it was a total blast! Can't wait until our next trip! That is, unless any of you want to come up and visit us!!!


superman cash - one of few pics taken before camera died

Happy Birthday Iris - Iris & Josh at 131 Main!

Brannon & Jen -also at 131 main

Me & Chip - pre-dinner and with dry pants (Chip had an entire glass of coke spilled on him during dinner...but hey, it did get us a free meal out of it).

The entire crew at our table - (Chip is now wearing very wet, cold, and sticky pants at this point)





6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a super duper fun week! Man I miss having friends to hang out with!! I need to come see you I totally miss you!

Steve and Amanda said...

Would have LOVED to have seen the coke being spilled on Chip. I have been a blogger SLACKER! Steve came out of the temple RIGHT after you left that night. So sorry he missed you. Next time that Chip goes out of town you have to come down and stay with me!!!

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh the good ole days of 131 Main, we miss going with you guys! Don't forget we need to plan a playdate! I leave in 2 weeks for Ut. Love ya

Lisa said...

It sounds like a fun packed week! I am jealous because mine was really low key. I am feeling the January blahs. You look great by the way. Love ya!

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

So did you guys make it up to the inauguration? You could have learned a thing or two like "when white will embrace what's right"
-Paul

Megs said...

You are always all over the place. So busy, but it sounds like so much fun. Good for you for doing something fun while Chip was gone. Being home alone is the worst.