Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mommy Gets a Break.....Yeah for Girls Nights Out

Since Cash was born, I have NOT had a single night off for a fun Girl's Night Out. Why you might ask? Well, partly because my husband is never available to stay home, partly because we don't live next to family and have the luxury of free babysitting all the time, and partly due to the fact that we moved right after Cash was born and it has taken me a long time to find a group of new girls to hang out with. However, it is a new year, and with that for me came new-found friends, and the invitation to join a bunch of girls in my ward to watch Bachelor and hang out on Monday nights! So last night was my first time going, and it was a blast! I was planning on taking Cash with me, but Chip brought some work home with him so I could leave Cash and he could put him to bed for me and let me have the break all on my own! Thank you hubby for a much needed break. It was fun to get to hang out and start to make friends up here, and was great to just be on my own without having to worry every minute about what Cash needed! I feel rejuvenated and ready to go back to being mommy again!

Also, it was like role reversal because when I came home both Cash and Chip were asleep, and I was the one who turned out the lights and got into bed last! This NEVER happens!

4 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

glad you got a little night on the town...but on to more important topics!! UNC, have you lost your mind a little? i mean i thought i could count on you steph, are you really going to turn your back on coach k like that??? we are slightly obessesed, have a flag flying outside and everything!!! we are actually going to NYC in feb to see them play st. john's, i gave it to cam for his christmas gift...it's gonna be legit esp if we can hold on to the #1 spot. oky you know i still luv you...ill work on the belly shot but i dont know if the computer screen is wide enough :))) *cami

Lindsey said...

Hooray for some girl time to watch the bachelor, wasn't it great!!

Lisa said...

I am glad you had a night off!! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Caitilin said...

Yay for girls night out! Yay for you getting to hang out with some new friends! Yay for Chip getting to play Mr. Mom for a night (hope that one happens more frequently so you can keep meeting/hanging out with more new friends!!)