Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HELP THIS MOTHER OUT!!!!


How could someone that looks THIS sweet be so mean?
Really, he looks so innocent, loving, and you just love him!

That is, until you bring your child that is the same age as him into the room! Then he turns into this bully! He HITS and PUSHES every kid his same age that comes within his reach.

I know people say it is a phase, that he will grow out of it, but after 1 week of this behavior he is NOT growing out fast enough! What do I do?

I have tried TimeOUT, getting in his face and telling him no, putting him on my laps with no use of his hands, trying to teach to be softer, and NOTHING is working!

All you great moms out there with kids who have gone through this or know anything on this matter - please share the best way of teaching or disciplining a 17 month old and how I can turn him back into my sweet little boy who is so nice to everyone!

I can use anything - ALL comments welcome!
Otherwise, we might not have friends for long!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I remember when my kids were little , they told mothers that if your baby bites.....bite him back so he can see it hurts. I am not sure if it was right or not but it seemed to work. My kids weren't bitters but they got bit a few times. One of these days someone will hit him hard and he will get it. He will learn as he gets older. Goolge it and read the newest stuff.....we came from the spanking generation. We got results but now they say bad idea. The scriptures say reprove with sharpness then show forth an increase of love.....good luck. xoxoxo

Adria said...

Yes. I know what that is like. Alex is a biter. Just something I read in a parenting book- I've read a lot. Try giving him his own doll- it can be a masculine doll - and tell him if he is mad he can hit, but he can only hit his doll. Just a thought.

So what's the deal with China?