Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Learning from the BEST!!!

While home in Utah I learned a LOT.....
like Cash learns......from just watching!!!
I watched as my mom taught Cash and let him participate in all her activities. She still got more than I could imagine done in a day, and yet she let him help her and he had a blast, and wanted to just follow her around and hang with her all the time.

I decided when I got home I would be a better mommy myself and do lots of activities with Cash.

So yesterday we went for a walk (about 5 minutes as it was so chilly)
He played with toys while I practiced the piano

I let him up on the counter while I cooked the homemade tortillas and lunch and dinner

We read lots of stories and played blocks, trucks, bouncy balls, and wrestled!
And I let him help me sweep and vacuum the floors!

Alhtought he had a blast I think, it didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped!
First, he dumped an ENTIRE bag of cheerios on the floor and then stamped on them before I could get them all picked up!
He shoved a car, a little man, and any other items he could find down the disposal.
After retrieving them all out I gave him the soda can and brush to play with, and he managed to stick the soda can down the disposal and get it stuck - it took me 15 minutes before I finally popped the soda can, sprayed rootbeer all over both of us, and squeezed the can in order to pull it out!
He pulled out every single DVD and threw half of his toys down the stairs
and yet...........



When I wanted to get so mad at him and I shook my finger and said "NO NO NO cashee..." he just looked back at me, shook his little finger, and repeated "no, no, no" with a big smile on his face. He laughed, then ran up to me, jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug!
Although it was frustrating, he gives me so many hugs all day long it is just impossible to stay mad.....so we just threw our hands up and enjoyed some ice cream before bed!!!!

I love his sweet personality, the little tease and spunk he has, and the funny sayings he is picking up and bringing back, even if in the moment I don't find them amusing.
Thanks mom for teaching me so well.....i am still learning and trying to be better!!!

3 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

You two make quite the pair... I'm worried these little Momma's boys of ours will have us wrapped around their little fingers for the next 18 years!

Lindsey said...

Cashy is getting more colored hair! I am glad you had a great day together!

Phyllis said...

You always make me laugh and feel good. You are a great mom, and I'm glad you are trying to enjoy the moments when they happen. They are over way too soon. And then you can't remember them. I wish I'd kept a better journal. I'm still learning how to be a mom, even after 29 years!!!!