Monday, January 18, 2010

IMPATIENTLY WAITING!!!!!

Ok, so i am impatient! Really impatient!
I been wanting to know what the gender of our baby was since week 1 when I knew I was pregnant.
:)
I went in for my first appointment and ultrasound last week at 13 weeks and they said it was too early! However, the gal performing the cute visual of our baby said she could tell me what she "thought it was leaning towards". I of course, not being able to wait, said "TELL ME!!!"
She said boy, based on the spinal curve ending! Well, then the DR. said you can NOT tell at this point and not to believe anything she said! hmmmm.....
:)
So after more research, looking up chinese lunar calendar stuff (seems appropriate right considering our move there soon), and all the other wivestale ideas I could find.....they all say GIRL!!!!
:)
So what am I to believe? My gut had said from day one that it was a girl......but the ultrasound tech has now completely thrown this to the wind and said boy. However, last time they told me girl at 12 weeks and then at 17 weeks I found out little Cash would be joining us. So maybe whatever they say first to me is wrong, and so since she said boy it must be a girl.
Or maybe this time she is right and all my gut instincts, my thoughts and dreams (some of them nightmares for that matter), my overly intense dry heaving and nausea this time, my very different emotional waves that have come this time (or not come), and all other differences of this pregnancy from the first one that originally led me to believe that it actually was because it was a girl are indeed wrong..............or just coincidence (words of the Dr.)
and I really am having a boy!
:)
I don't know, and it frustrates me to think about it and not be able to find out soon enough for my desires..............but I am trying to become more patient, I am trying to put it in practice and just wait not too anxiously for February 10 when I can go back and have it confirmed for sure by the Dr.
:)
Now, I patiently wrote this so where is my snack, right now, right here?!?
ps - i know what really matters is NOT gender, but the health of the baby.........i just like to know to plan (and I have pros for wanting both sexes..........i just don't want to get excited over boy if next time they tell me I am actually having a girl) I can't take another repeat of feeling like they took my little girl (or boy) away from me again -- it was too weird last time!
:)
Any guesses from ya'll as to what I am having???

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

One test you can do that is about as accurate as all the wives tales is to put two slips of paper in a hat one that says boy and one that says girl. Then pick one :)
I am voting for a boy, Cash will have fun with a little buddy that close in age.

merathon said...

just wait till the baby comes out! :) it really is SO fun that way!

Lindsey Lee said...

Im dying to find out!! You will love either im sure, but i will tell you that is SO much fun watching my 2 boys wrestle together...but then again, a girl would be way too cute for words!
PS- Cash is getting so big and cuter by the day!

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

Congratulations!!!! I am a little slow and didn't realize you are expecting. You are such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

The lunar calendar told me I was having a girl and it was wrong. I found out at 16 weeks which was fabulous. It is hard to say. I guess boy :)