Thursday, October 14, 2010

BITTER

I know it is not a good characterisic to be bitter about things...and i should just get over it........but i just hate listening to friends who say how much they love nursing because it just melts the pounds away!

OK friends, it doesn't do that for everyone! And I don't always love nursing because for me it actually does the opposite effect. I hold on to every last oz of fat possible until i am done nursing, and then lose 10 really quick usually, but i have to work very very hard to get any baby weight to come off during this period. It is very frustrating, and yet I just try to tell myself I am being unselfish by nursing because really it is doing my body no favors. (sigh)

I just want to be selfish and stop for this reason....but i won't!
Oh well - ok - now i have vented - i am over it!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I hear ya! Also because some of us can't nurse because there isn't enough milk and we try everything from beer to pumping every hour to get more but nothing! Then we get no nutrients for the baby, no bonding and no fat melt!

Unknown said...

I am the same way! As soon as I stop nursing, I lose about 10 pounds. I usually nurse for a year and then I get pregnant again. It's a vicious cycle! Oh well, it's a small sacrifice! I'll find my body again someday... :) Good luck!

merathon said...

ditto-- the exact same thing happens to me and i hate it. i have to swallow my pride for an entire year until i'm done. meanwhile, my little sister has to shove food in her face all the time when she's nursing to keep from completely wasting away!

Brent and Britta said...

I'm sorry Steph! You're such a good mama for sticking with it! I think you look great!