Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello Chinese Government - it is FREEZING!!!

So this is one thing I will definitely NOT miss about China!
The government controls the thermostats in our houses here (along with many other things)

But....they wouldn't turn the AC on before a certain date in May, alhto it was super super hot!......and worse - they are refusing to turn on the heat for us until Nov. 15, 2010!

HELLO - it is 28 degrees in our house right now - yeah, that's right, below freezing and i have 2 little babies who are so cold and I am trying to keep from freezing, along with myself. Griffin can be bundled, and has done ok cuz he is all swaddled up and covered, but Cashee refuses to wear socks to bed, add another blanket in his crib, and he never stays under the covers so instead he has woken up 3 times in the past 2 hours with freezing cold hands and feet and shivering and crying.

We are flying today and i really could have used a good nights sleep. Instead, I am listening to how there is a pizza and broccoli in Cash's room (from his dream i am assuming). We gave all our blankets away except the one on our own bed so Chip and I can't split up, and we are all cold and it makes it really hard to get out of bed and get back to packing!

For the sake of all my friends with small children - please decide to turn it on a week or 2 earlier!

4 comments:

merathon said...

seriously? 28 degrees? i can't even imagine. you're like a pioneer! what about space heaters? do they sell those out there?

Brent and Britta said...

That is the saddest thing I have heard all day! Although I hate to say it, but our government is only a short step away from trying to control our heat!

Alison B said...

They did this in RUSSIA, too! I mean, in RUSSIA?!? Do you have any idea how freaking cold it is there? Ya, it was bad. we'd have ice on our windows. We'd turn on our oven and open the door for heat. so, this brought back some memories. :) Oh, and I didn't have hot water all summer there, so I guess be happy you had hot water all summer? ;)

Weed Family said...

oh my. get home fast.