Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project SCARF...3.5 years later!

So I have been in DESPERATE NEED of a project to do - something fun, easy, quick, and just for me! An outlet, you could say, from the days of staying indoors in this cold yucky weather with my 2 little sick ones. I saw this on my friend's sewing blog - presserfoot.com - and it took me back to 3.5 years ago when in November I saw these cute scarves at anthropology. Oh how I wanted them - in fact, when i saw them I had this desire inside that not only did I want it - I needed it! Only problem - the scarves were over $100 - EACH!!! I am just too cheap to pay that much for a scarf - so I looked longingly at it, held the soft fabric to my cheek and wrapped it once around my neck and then gently put it back on the table where it was displayed beautifully.

However, yes - 3.5 years later I found that my friend had actually showed how to sew this exact scarf - and so I knew I had to try it. I went out, bought the fabric, came home, and within just a few hours had 2 new scarves - i LOVE them, and I even dyed the pink one myself - from white to hot pink! I think they turned out great, and plan on making more! Thank you presserfoot (rian i love you) for this great gift you gave to me this weekend - it truly made my day! Since I didn't have anyone to take my pictures in it - i settled on taking a few myself - I am definitely not a photographer, and self shots are even harder since my hand only can extend so far - but oh well - you get the pic of the scarf and can get the gist!

Grey and white striped - my favorite - made out of a matte jersey fabric!

Some elastic thread and a few hems later and it was done!

This pink one is out of cotton gauze, and a rit dye!
what you think? you like them?
Happy Tuesday from me!

5 comments:

The Jobes said...

OMG!!! I love love love them! I totally want to try to make one.

Hilary said...

So cute Steph! One of these days we need to go into business together :)

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Awesome! I love you too! Mind if I make a post about it on presserfoot?

hillary and britton said...

Very impressed Steph! They are really cute

The Reichmans said...

they look awesome steph-I am super impressed!