Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finally.....Potty Training is going somewhere!

After what seems likes months of very frustrating attempts at potty training, we finally had a breakthrough!

Cash came into the room and said "mom, get my toilet, I need my toilet, my poop is coming out - hurry!" He then picked up his toilet, sat on it - and preceded to poop all by himself.
It is ok he took 20 minutes, it is ok that the whole time he was telling me how awesome it was that he was going in the toilet and not his diaper, it's even ok that at one point he said "mom, we can't eat my poop - that would be NASTY (with a long drawn out Naaaaaasty!) (so funny to me)! It is ok that he had been driving me crazy up to this point tonight and had been wild and crazy and bugging Chip (who is very sick with walking pneumonia) to play with him and trying to do anything to play with daddy! It is all ok - because in this moment, this magical spontaneous moment at 8:30 pm at night when he really should have been in bed but wasn't - he had a pivotal moment and figured something out all on his own!

Afterwards he was so proud saying that now he gets a big Buzzy or Woody! We asked him which he wanted and he said - ummm....a bIg Woody! (awesome choice Cash since daddy brought you a big one back from China that even has the correct voicebox in it). So tomorrow he will get it, thinking it is as his reward for getting potty trained, and hopefully it will help continue this awesome path he is on and he will just train himself day by day!

It was totally awesome, and now that I probably have already given too many details about bowel movements, which I said I would never do on my blog - I can end with saying I am a proud parent of a little guy who is potty training himself - here's to the end of diapers for Cash in sight shortly! (fingers crossed!)

2 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I'm a little surprised you didn't just get him a pair of split pants and potty train him in China ;)! Good job Cash! Hopefully my little man is not too far behind...

hillary and britton said...

Hoorah! Wait to go Cash:)