Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Runaway Shopping Cart!


These are the carts they have for kids to ride in at Kroger.
This I thought was the perfect thing for me to use while taking Cash and Griffin shopping alone.
Until......I was loading Griffin into the car and left Cash sitting in this little car on the front of the shopping cart! I was almost done when I heard it rolling away. I looked up to see it headed down the parking lot at a decent pace, with only Cash strapped in (he loves to buckle the things himself). I sprinted after it and got him before anything happened!
Thank heavens no cars were backing out or coming!
Best part - Cash asked if I could push him that fast again? haha - he didn't realize he was on a runaway cart!

Maybe grocery shopping alone with 2 kids isn't so easy after all!!!

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

too funny. Wish we had a candid camera for that.

Lisa said...

My kids love the car shopping carts. It keeps them entertained. We used to shop at Kroger when we lived in CT.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

those things really are a luv / hate relationship!!! shopping with two + kids is tough!!!

hillary and britton said...

yikes! That cart seems easier to push the the crazy large ones at target

Anonymous said...

I came across this post via google search and I had to leave you a comment :) My husband and I are the creators of a product we call the LotPod (www.thelotpod.com - website viewable but not 100% finished). It locks your cart in place while you unload your groceries and kiddos! We are in the beginning stages of production and getting ready to launch on Kickstarter but I would love to send you one for free to try out!!!