Wednesday, February 1, 2012

22 weeks!!!

Many have asked for a pic of my ever growing belly lately, and altho I am NOT a fan of belly pics and don't care at all for how I look at this point, here is the attempt at one via my little 3 year old helper photographer Cash! The first attempt my head was cut off, fabulous, and the other one is the only other one out of the bunch that wasn't blurry! Oh well - so here they are!


This has been a very VERY rough pregnancy to say the least. The fact that I am still nauseous everyday if I don't eat every 5 minutes is way annoying and frustrating, not to mention makes me grumpy and not want to go do things with the kiddos. Add to it the daily headaches I have been getting that have gotten worse over the weeks and it has been a really rough 17 weeks. I keep thinking maybe this will be the week it goes away, only to be disappointed, so I decided that I will just count on being sick like this through the end and then if it does end earlier for me than I will consider myself lucky!!! I don't think the next few months will pass soon enough!

I went to the Dr. out here yesterday for my checkup and he ended up doing an ultrasound, which once again verified that indeed we are having a little girl!!! I am way excited, and now that it has been told to me twice at two different ultrasounds I actually believe it. So yeah, and we have been discussing names a bunch, and actually have a couple that we both like so that has been fun --- if you heard of any fun cute names please share - something different but not weird!!!

The Dr. started off by telling me that the actual weight gain caused by the baby and my body since it is pregnant only = 22 lbs. and so they recommend 25-30 lb. weight gain during a pregnancy. I am in HUGE trouble here. I already way 15 more lbs. than when I went into labor with Griffin, and have gained 30 lbs. already ---- guess the eating every 5 minutes to stop the nausea is catching up with me quickly and since I don't actually ever vomit is going to be a problem! Please nausea disappear. I tried one day to just not eat and beat the nausea just by letting it pass and I got so sick, not even the pill would work and ended up having to give in to my craving of licorice and peanut butter M&M's. Surprisingly after just a few I felt much better! Oh well I guess - gonna probably just end up being a contestant on one of the future Biggest Loser Seasons after I am done with this. The things we women go through to have little ones. I know it is all worth it, but I am very uncomfortable, not happy at all with my body, my skin has already got the pregnancy mask on my face and some dry and red spots that won't go away and I have never had before, and so pretty much I am SO excited for the time when I can feel back to normal and be comfortable in my own skin!!!!

Current cravings: Oranges, specifically orange juice and clementines, watermelon, pineapples and blueberries, cinnamon butter (a new thing we just found out here and is so good) on toast, and mozzarella cheese! I don't want to eat these together so that is good. :)

Anyways, I am grateful that everything looked healthy and good at the ultrasound and that the baby appears to be developing right on schedule. Can't wait to meet this little angel in just a few months!

2 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

I think you're looking pretty fabulous! And remember, pregnancy will end eventually!
So excited about Little Girl Brown...can't wait to hear the names your thinking of!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I usually just read your blog from goggle reader and hadn't clicked over to it in a while, but now that I have I must say that is the cutest picture at the top of your boys! They look like they could be the same age there! So big and grown up. Adorable.

Gosh I'm sorry your still sick! That stinks. That has to be so frustrating about the weight gain. I know it's so hard but try not to focus on it too much. I laugh about the biggest loser contestant comment. I don't think it will be that extreme for you. In your pictures you look pretty great I think!