Monday, February 13, 2012

A Busy, and fun Weekend....until the sickness hit!!!

We had a great time at the beach last time we decided to go, minus the fact it took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive home the 9 miles we are from it! That was enough to deter me from ever going again in the afternoon post 3 pm.....but while we were there, the kids had a blast playing with our new beach toys and just hanging out for a couple hours. It was a good break for me from worrying about all the different things I have been occupied with lately!

Griffin digging in the sand!
Cash loved the new boat and airplane I got him to play with!
Dumping sand on your knees is so much fun!

On Saturday the weather was supposed to be a little cooler so we decided to forego our beach plans and take the kids to a fun museum. We went to the Rancho La Brea museum, where they have dug up all sorts of fossils and bones of animals. Cash loved it! I have learned that he LOVES museums of all kinds, and would be happy to listen to and read each post underneath the item on display! Griff, on the other hand, wanted to just run from one thing to the next, and is much harder to keep track of! But we had a great time, and the animals were actually very fun to see - our favorites being the LARGE woolly mammoth, and also the smallest bone - a mouse toe bone! Not even sure how they got that out of the dirt it was so small, but cool all the same! In one of the exhibits it wasn't just the bones, but a stuffed saber-tooth tiger that was attacking another large creature - the tiger was on top, and the figures moved and they did look pretty real ---- but Cash wouldn't get within 10 feet of it....he just wanted to watch from a distance, because he didn't want it to "jump over and get him!" It was funny, and while at the same time Griffin was trying to go underneath the ropes and get into the exhibit for a closer look! So there you have my 2 boys personalities in contrast! Cash the cautious one, and Griff the daredevil! They are fun tho, and Cash said at least 50 times during the day: "Dad, I am so happy you don't have to work today so we can play with you!" I loved hanging with my 3 boys!

This is an actual site on the grounds that they are digging up animals from!
My 3 favorite people outside at the bear statue!

After the museum Chip dropped Griff and I off at the house to get Griff down for a nap, and him and Cash went off to Costco and to get a haircut! Cash was so excited it was just him and they could get hot dogs and shop and told me he would be brave in his next haircut!

Here he is right before she went to work. He actually did pretty good this time! He was fine until he looked in the mirror and saw her cutting and then Chip noticed he had big crocodile tears running down his face and so they had to turn him away where he couldn't see it. He then was fine and brave til the end he told me. Chip managed to get this great pic of him! We still need an after-haircut pic but I must say he looks MIGHTY HANDSOME!
After naptime we took the kids off to the park so we could wear them out before the babysitter came over and they would go to bed easy. Griff had a great time carrying around the pail with the toys to play with in the sand. It was a little chilly, but a great time. Cash had a blast throwing the football with his daddy!
Showing off his pail!
My little rascal!


Chip and I finally got a chance to have a date without the kids - we found a fantastic babysitter from the singles ward here and my kids LOVE her! She will be coming now every weekend and I look forward to more dates. It was weird for us to walk into a restaurant and actually be able to just talk and enjoy our meal, instead of worrying about the kids grabbing the salt shaker, or dumping things, or anything else. It was great, and since it was rainy after we didn't want to go down to the pier area so instead we drove over to the Beverly Hills Hilton, which is very close to our house, and saw all the news people and fans and everything going on outside related to Whitney Houston's death. It is weird to me that we are so close to all of these events and stuff. In fact, Chip's company has a box at the Staples center and put on the Golden Globes and Grammys! Crazy! All in all it was a great night! We came home to both kids being asleep and the night going well......that is until we were woken up at midnight to Cash vomiting all over his bed. Poor little guy was burning up and he just kept saying "I am so sorry mom, I am so sorry!" after the incident.....I felt so bad for him that he was so sick. After we washed him off in the bath and tried to get his fever down he went back to bed, and slept the rest of the night. He was fine the next morning but woke up with a terrible runny nose and horrible cough, which kept him up all last night - and Griff has the same thing! I thought we just got over this cold junk!!!! Seriously can it not just stay away from us!!! I was sick all day too still from pregnancy nausea and headaches, which YES I still have DAILY!!!! I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over and to just have a week where I can wake up each day feeling normal and good! Feels like so far away, but I am trying to get thru as best I can!!! So we all stayed home from church and Chip took good care of us!

Today is a new day, and since it is a rainy day and the kids are both sick we have to mostly stay inside, but we did go out for a morning walk in the wagon! The kids enjoyed being in the wagon for about....um 2 minutes. Then they each wanted to pull it and push and it was a VERY LONG walk around the block, which ended with mom pulling the wagon and holding Griffin!! But it was fun and nice to get out anyways!

The start of our walk!

Happy to be outside....and yes the grass is just that green - no editing of these photos!

The kids were happy to come back and play in the backyard for one reason!!!
Our dog while we live here - Keisha!!! She is great and the kids LOVE her!

Cash especially LOVES to play for hours each day with her and follow her in and outside! It's great because we get to enjoy her, but don't have to take care of her at all.....I might daresay I even like having a dog!

Here's a fun video of my 3 boys outside the museum playing together. I love them so much!!!

Hoping this week will just get better and better, and my kids will get well quick!!!

No comments: