Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Griffi Boy Turns 2!!!

Griffin turned 2 on Friday the 13th this year! (is that a foreboding of the terrible 2s to come or what?! - sure hope not!)  
We are still in Utah and so we got to celebrate for 2 days - on his actual day, and on Saturday when his daddy got back in town so he loved his birthday weekend.  By the end I think he had caught on about the present and cake thing, although he is more scared now of candles we realize then last year!  He is so cute, and I just can't help but smile at him and laugh with him because he is ALWAYS smiling and laughing and it is so contagious.  I am so glad he is a part of our family!

After dinner on Friday he got to watch a little video clip of Kevin and Hollie singing Happy Birthday to him - this pic is of the 3rd time he watched it - I wish I would have caught the first time because he was grinning from ear to ear through the whole thing.  He LOVES those guys!

We didn't do his birthday cake til Saturday so this is his candles in his ice cream Friday night.

BLOW!!!

Then it was present time and boy was his brother really excited to help!

We kept  things VERY low key this year and just had a couple presents!  Some coloring pencils and a 3D color book and he seemed pretty happy about these!

He LOVES to draw and can spend hours doing this activity!

Happy boy!

Cash picked out the next gift and got one for himself too so they could play!



Griff seemed pretty excited about it too!


Getting out the goods!

I LOVE the glasses!

So did Griff!


 After last year's Lightning McQueen cake I decided I couldn't top that and instead went with something much easier to do.  Griffin's favorite song at night is 5 little monkeys swinging in the trees - so here is our version of it!  Turned out pretty cute I think - and he still LOVES to carry around the monkeys and alligator.

I was so excited to give it to him and yet when we put it in front of him he got really scared!

I thought it was the alligator that scared him but later learned it was the candles!

He was trying to be super excited and say yeah, all while trying not to cry and be too scared.  He was terrified and it wasn't so much fun during his song!

Kimmy and Cash were trying to help, and once the candles were blown out and taken off he was much better!


The cake! 


Here he had just say "yeah" and was actually starting to not look so terrified!

 I LOVE this little 2 year old CRAZY MONKEY!!!

Griff LOVED his cake!


He especially loved the coconut and kept asking for more and wanting more! He likes to smile with his eyes closed and say cheese!

Tired from his long day and yummy cake!

I love you so much!
I love how you say "Meeya" instead of me
I like how you say Pees! for please!
I love your giggle and your teasing personality!
I LOVE you!!!  Happy 2nd birthday big boy!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

The picture of the boys so focused wearing their glasses is awesome! So jealous you are in Utah, how fun!
Miss ya!

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Your cake skills seriously amaze me!! That thing was so cool. My boys would have loved it. So funny how he was scared of the fire. Same with Lincoln when he was one and two. This was the first year he didn't cry about the fire.

Also like your 4th of July post and pics. Looked like a good way to spend your last days in C-ville. I miss that place. :)